Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday

Wet, cold and shivery. Such a rainy day. They predicted floods in Penang, but thankfully, I have not experienced any yet.

Something I'd love right now: A cup of hot Milo... overflowing with heaps and heaps of the chocolate malt powder.

Thanks to Eunice Ong's brilliant discernment of my musical sense, I can now listen to Laura Fygi's jazz serenades while I cruise down the roads of Penang... mmm... :) Awesomeness! Today, Laura Fygi sang in time to the rain pelting my windscreen as I drove through the more 'historical' part of Penang, pass the monuments. The poetic words seemed to deepen in their meaning as I allowed the music and scenery to mingle. How therapeutic is that!?

Ben and I had an eventful weekend, especially in terms of being involved in the lives of our friends. It's been really good. I am so grateful for such beautiful opportunities to minister along-side Ben and more thankful than ever that he's in the marketplace while I have opted for more involvement in full-time discipleship work. I think these work together to bring out the best in our individual service unto the Lord as well as the marriage mission unique to us. I have learnt alot from Ben in ministry to the non-Christians. At the same time, I am often amused when I see him so gentle to the hurting... rather unlike his usual, humorous self. Then again, it makes me appreciate the tender side of him more ~ and I fall in love with him all over again...

*Swoon* Wait... does that have anything to do with ministry? :P

I digressed.

Anyway, Lydia came over to Penang last weekend. It was so good to see her. Ben and I took her to 'No Eye Deer' restaurant for dinner... and we wound up at the Esplanade for a little sea-breeze and prayer. Sweet moments indeed :) Lydia, love you loads...and thankful for our beautiful friendship. May God continue to teach us great lessons through one another.

Sau Chan, blessed birthday!

2 comments:

Ray said...

If one day you feel like crying,
Call me.
I don’t promise that I will make you laugh,
But I can cry with you.

If one day you want to run away,
Don’t be afraid to call me.
I don’t promise to ask you to stop,
But I can run with you.

If one day you don’t want to listen to anyone,
Call me.
I promise to be there for you.
And I promise to be very quiet.

But if one day you call,
And there is no answer,
Come fast to see me,
Perhaps I need you.

mozozozo said...

=) I remember the No Eye Deer restaurant...anyway, hope it won't flood over there =/ tc!!!

 

Free Blog Counter