Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday

We learned the Theology of Death today. I came to one conclusion:

I am not afraid of death.

I am just afraid of the process of dying.

And I don't want to die like how my mum did. It was just too heart-breaking for the people around her. I don't want my husband and children to cry over my coffin, wondering if they could have done something to prolong my life on earth. In fact, I want my passing away to be a celebration of what God has done for me while I was still in flesh - the victories, the fruit, the beauty and the miracles...as well as the celebration of my graduation from a mortal to imperishable state which only could have happened by God's grace, through faith in the cross of Christ.

Also, I fear pain and suffocation.

God, if You were to call me Home, please let me depart peacefully and gracefully while I am asleep. And please give my loved ones and I signs... so that we can all joyfully prepare for my departure and eternal rest. In Jesus' name, Amen.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter