Monday, October 11, 2010

After the weekend (and M.I.A)...

BLOOD TEST RESULTS

Collected my body check-up and blood test results on Saturday. Everything is well, my weight's still perfect (although I know I could tone up a little with strength-training)... but as for my cholesterol levels, they are elevated. *boohoo*

I think it is not my fault. Or my parents' fault. Haha. (Coz none of them have hypercholesterolaemia!) Apparently many people in the seminary have had their cholesterol levels raised too... So perhaps, it's got something to do with the food in the seminary. Or the stress levels we so unitedly face!

Ben's mum immediately started me on a course of fish-oil capsules for the Omega-3, EPA and DHA... On my part, I will perhaps start eating oats religiously... and eat less deep-fried food.

WEDDING PREP

Went to the Bridal Fair at Queensbay Mall over the weekend. We finally signed up for a bridal package after weeks and weeks of research. LOL. Subsequently, Ben and I spent most of Sunday discussing who should we put on the wedding committee. It was quite brain-draining I must say *groan*... more importantly, FUN! *grins* I know I might freak out nearer to the wedding day itself... but at least now, I am still OK. We've got awesome friends involved in our plans... That puts me at ease.

Chilled out with a good swimming session down at the RH pool.

NEW CHALLENGES AHEAD

Firstly - I am about to be a Mandarin-English translator in chapel on Wednesday. Fung Hain and I are going to do a presentation to the school on our Poland M.T. Since our chapel services are bi-lingual, she will be speaking in Mandarin and myself in English. After that, I am giving a testimony of some of my highlights in Poland. I covet your prayers... especially because I am a banana-Chinese (i.e I am yellow on the outside and kinda white on the inside) and there was no time to write out a script because both of us were so overwhelmingly busy -so I'll have to do it spontaneously. @_@'

Secondly, my assignments. Words cannot describe how stressed I am over all of them.

Thirdly, I am going on a new mission from this week onwards. I will be giving English tuition to a Korean girl twice a week... so do keep me in prayers with regards to time management, provisions, language barriers and such.

Lastly, I had a thought over the weekend ~ I don't only want to hear people telling me, "Wow! God loves you so much..." - I want to always experience His love, and therefore say, "WOW!!! God loves me so much", myself. I need to work on my spiritual walk with God more consistently.

 

Free Blog Counter