Sunday, July 4, 2010

Saturday... One month of my engagement down...

Went to TM Point this morning to clear up some problems... Thank God for Ben's brother, James...who came along just in case there was any trouble. We had brunch at the Sunshine Square market after we were done at TMP. Bumped into Wai Lim, Yen Ngoh, their baby...and the WL's mum.

After brunch, I went to Queensbay Mall to get some shopping done (since today's J Card members' day!) - went to Borders bookstore first... and guess what? I bumped into Wai Lim and family again... @_@' Great minds think alike, huh?

Shopped the whole day... some stuff are for mission trip (like my walking shoes - since my old pair are badly damaged - with the soles of the shoes coming off and other unfortunates...), some stuff are not. Actually, I didn't buy much. However, I was fickle-minded... and I spent more time working-out my brains and thinking - "Should I buy? But... but... it looks kinda expensive..." than actually spending money. I should shop more... if it keeps my left-brain and right-brain fit, alert and trained - like this!

In the evening, I had dinner with a sister, Sau Chan... at Sushi King. I thought it was really good to sit down and chat properly with her... as we seldom have an opportunity to engage in heart-to-heart conversations like that we had today - both of us being rather introverted people! Thank God for the precious moments... Our days are numbered - but we hardly think of how we live our lives as the clock ticks on. I am glad that I am able to spend some time eating with people almost every day - while I can. This makes my life meaningful. Not merely money... or living in a mansion... or being financially able to buy all the best bags, shoes, clothes, make-up or skin-care products in the world. Rather, the beauty and sweetness of love, friendship, building relationships, nature, prayer, seeing the fruits of prayer (all by God's grace)... and ultimately - the reason I was made = knowing God.

Having said that...it's one month since I got engaged to Ben. And it's one month since Ben's left for the States... *Miss you, dear*

One-and-a-half-month more before we meet again.

Tomorrow...busy day.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter