Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday

Had an awesome morning going with a younger sis-in-Christ, Ee Ling. We went to Austin Chase cafe in Queensbay Mall... I was not too impressed with the food (but to be fair, this was only my first time here) ... but I did have a great time catching-up with Ee Ling, who's just passed her med-and-surg exam finals with flying colours (congrats, dear... and yes, PRAISE GOD!!!)... A meaningful date. Such a comfort to talk to my dear sisters. God has been good and gracious to me indeed. If it weren't for them, I would.. I would have 'perished' in my own struggles, woes, fears, low self-image and insecurities.

More and more "goodbyes" to be said... and farewells to be bade. What a season... Perhaps - just perhaps, I am being weaned myself... for a whole new chapter in my book of life... when I shall start of afresh... in a new place, in a new community of believers, in a new work, etc...

God, if it is Your will...... please provide. We can depend on no one... but You.

I went to the hair-saloon for a trim in the afternoon... and then had dinner with Janet, William, Sau Chan and Xu Wen... before we watched Toys Story 3 at Queensbay. I did enjoy the movie... although we had to spend some time lepak-ing in between dinner and the movie :P - during which, nobody had any idea what to do and where to go in the mall...

Talking about movies... we do know of some friends who have not gone to the cinema their entire lives! One of them is - an elderly aunty in church... When she told us that she's never stepped into a cinema before, Ben decided that he would pull her leg... so he said, "It's a good thing that you didn't! Don't ever go. You would have to stand throughout the entire movie!!!" Our aunty-friend looked quite horrified... you should have seen us laughing like mad when we heard her answer... "Really arr?" @_@ So, so naughty. Later of course, Ben confessed... or did I say, "NOLAR!" ??? I can't remember already.

I miss Ben so much. This is my 3rd weekend without him.

That's today. I realize recently that my thoughts are harder and harder to express in words... sometimes, they aren't even thoughts... but feelings deep down inside, too intricate to be simplified and expressed by one word - "emo". They only straighten out when I talk to God - in simple words and sentences...and cry a little. Yet, it is so hard for me to put them into words here on my blog - and I won't attempt to do so :) Let them be just between me and my Father in Heaven who loves me so.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Grace,

Thank you for your beautiful, uplifting message. I guess sometimes, there's this assumption (or desire perhaps) that recovery means no longer grappling with body image issues at all which isn't really true. I appreciate your honesty in the fact there struggles are still present but it's how you deal with them that matters most.

I don't know if I can honestly say I want to full strip myself of this disease because it is so much a comfort blanket to me. And a part of me realises that the most I cling onto it, the most I struggle with my faith. In a way, it does make me feel less worthy to be a child of God, even though I know that He does not see it that way...

Anyway, thanks a lot Grace for your prayers and love. It means a lot to me. And about Ben, remember that for every day that goes by, you're a day closer to being reunited with him again! x)

Much love,
Nat xoxo

 

Free Blog Counter