Saturday, June 5, 2010

The day I said yes...

He popped the question...


The story in a nutshell...

A few nights ago, I was crying my eyes out to my sister, Ji, and telling her how troubled I am about engagement and stuff...you'd all laugh too if you knew what silly things were on my mind (If only I knew what was happening behind the scenes!!!). I guess I was confused... Ben and I have already decided to marry one another long ago. I just didn't know how to deal with worldly pressures... some of my friends were saying things like, "The ring, the ring...no good proposal, no marry!" and I was kinda worried coz I didn't know where Ben was going to get a ring from - because rings are really expensive...I had already told him that there's no need for a ring... and Ben said that he would still make it special for me anyway... Perhaps, I was also a bit sad...because right down at one tiny corner of my heart, tucked beneath and behind all my 'rationalism' and 'sensibility', there was this girly wish somehow (which I have cherished since I was girl - this is what romantic movies do to you...grrrrrr...........) that someday, a man would perhaps do something romantic and ask me to marry him... :P *Sheepish*

I never dared to tell God the desires of my heart but I prayed... whatever it is, God would help Ben to make it special... Anyway, Ji was really sweet to pray and minister to me that night. I talked to God and He brought me such comfort.

God truly knew the desires of my heart... and even before I confessed them to Him that night you prayed for me, He had already provided Ben with some money for a simple diamond ring...His whole family knew about it for weeks already - but everyone kept very quiet... it's just so mind-blowing, how God is so gracious and merciful.

Well, I returned to Penang yesterday, just a day before Ben flew off to the States today. He told me that he was all busy at work and stuff...so he had asked brother, James, had to fetch me home. I was fine with that, because I was tired... and home sounded good. Furthermore, Ben had promised that he would prepare lunch for me - so that I would have something to eat when I arrived back home ~ I was looking forward to that. (I love it when Ben cooks!)

When I got home, James said that he was in a rush to go somewhere...and therefore he couldn't help me with my bags. I didn't mind. Took the bags and went upstairs to my apartment. Opened the door. I was so touched when I saw a bouquet of a dozen roses sitting on the dining table, a candle burning merrily... and pasta on the table!:P It was all so welcoming and romantic, so I went, "Wowww!" Felt really blessed.

Then Ben suddenly stepped out from one of the rooms, and I was even more surprised... When I saw him, I ran into his arms. After all that, we were going to sit down for a nice meal...hehe...but suddenly he knelt down beside me on one knee, opened up a heart-shaped box, pulled out a ring and asked me, "Dear, will you marry me?"

I was so shocked...that I couldn't say anything for the moment. I think there were tears in my eyes because I was so overwhelmed...Then I exclaimed, "Ahhhhh, how come you have a ring?!?!" Of course, there were other weird, dramatic, funny reactions... but I really can't remember all of them anymore. @_@ Then I told him, "Yes, I will marry you..." That is how it all happened in a nutshell! Simple... yet beautiful and very sweet...

For a long while, I couldn't concentrate on my pasta. :P

I really thank God for everything... Thank You, Lord for You knew the desires of my heart even before I confessed them to You...and graciously provided Ben the means to make things so special for me... For our families and friends who have in one way or another encouraged us, blessed us and ministered to us as a couple. For Ben, who loves me so deeply and brings me so much joy. Lord, please help us to continue to honor you with our relationship and marriage. In Jesus' name, amen.

Us...

7 comments:

Kevin Evans Tay said...

CONGRATULATION~!!! wooohooo~~~ :P happy for you guys :D

Pig said...

Aaahhh!!!! SO SWEETTTT!!! *jumps and hops around in utmost joy* wooo hoo!!!! AUNTY GRACE!!!!!!!!!! LOLx!!! :D :D :D I'm grinning from ear to ear :D

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Aunty Grace? Ehhhh.... me no aunty!!! :P

weelyn said...

AAWWWWW..........really so sweet... :) super happy for the both of you..

Pig, dont worry, one day, your status will also be "upgraded" to the aunty gang! right, grace? hehe...

Grace-Melody Moo said...

I'll make sure I call her aunty when that happens :P

Pig said...

*gulp*


*hides in fridge*

Meg said...

Congratz! Glad you got the desire of your heart. God bless you both.

 

Free Blog Counter