Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 1 of my 'engaged' life...

He flew off to the States! :( ~ I praise God that I came back from KL just in time to personally send him off... We also prayed together before he left.
I'm really gonna miss him...Let's hope these 2 months fly past (for me at least), what with all the intensive studying and assignments galore coming up...
*Boohoohoohoo....*

It's really weird to think that court-ship is over....and that we are progressing further toward marriage...

It's really so weird to think of Ben as my fiancé...

It's really so weird to think of myself as his fiancée... Or rather he called me that today... and I grinned. Lydia says that I only have a year to have this 'status'... so I've gotta treasure its 'glam'. Hehe...

I am also not used to wearing a ring...

I am paiseh to wear it in front of Ben's family, my friends... and I'll be paiseh wearing it to school. I still have a phobia of someone chopping my finger off for the ring... so I try not to wear it to dodgy places. Because I am afraid of losing it (I am absent-minded) and because I truly appreciate all Ben's efforts in looking for a nice ring, selecting it, buying it and presenting it to me as a token of his love, I'd rather wear it on my finger all the time, instead of stowing it away...or just wearing it out to functions... (It reminds me of him too) And since I am now keeping it on my finger - I have scratched myself a few times with it. LOL. I also scratched Ben when he tried to hold my hand today. I just hope that I'll keep from scratching my face in my sleep! ~_~

I need to learn to care for my engagement ring. I am paranoid that I might bump it on something...so hard...that the diamond falls out of its setting. @_@'

Apart from all that, we are as always... Ben and Grace.

7 comments:

Lydia said...

Hehehe! :) Still very happy for you! Congratulations to Ben and Grace! Also, i want to give you a tip on wearing the ring. Each time you go crowded/dodgy, or while driving, flip the diamond down (towards your palm), so you'll be seeing just a ring instead of the diamond. You're still wearing the ring, the only difference you're swapping the position. This is to avoid any mishaps lah! :) I got this tip from my aunt :P Hope it helps!

Grace-Melody Moo said...

wow, thanks dear. This would really help!!!

Pig said...

Wow!! I didnt read for like 1 day and so much has happened!!!! :D :D Congrats!!!! Yippeeedeeedoodaa!!! You're getting hitched!!! hahaha.. Happy for ya both!! :) Now you can keep yourself busy this 2 months thinking about what ya gonna do to prepare for the 1 yr later event :D keke

weelyn said...

:) so excited for the both of you. grace, you're really cute...don't worry la, the diamond ring wont fall out of its setting so easily.. takes a while to get used to wearing a diamond ring (speaking from personal experience! hehe..)

anyway, congrats again. don't worry, i'm sure the 2 months will pass by pretty quickly, and soon both of you will be in each others arms again..

you can engage Pig to be your personal event organizer! :P:P *dashes away*

Pig said...

Hahaha.. Wee Lyn so cute!! Of cos I'll be glad to help :D Lets see... piggies for decor?... piggies not for food...piggies for...

Grace-Melody Moo said...

ok, ok...Pig, I will definitely let you know... Try not to use too many piggies for decor :P I know you are anxious to include your cousins..hehehe.... And I promise, I won't use too many piggies for food...

weelyn said...

hahahha. wei, Pig, you lagi cute leh... never did it cross my mind about having piggies for food! :D

 

Free Blog Counter