Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend's over...

Quite a happening weekend...

Was dragged to attend the EFC leadership summit... Initially I thought I'd 'escape' attending it this year, because I badly wanted a rest - and also because I wanted an excuse to avoid playing the theme song I wrote for the conference...(yeah, a little like Jonah...) :S ~ Actually, the song was inspired by God ler... so I wouldn't say that I came up with it myself. But somehow, the thought of playing it in front of all those datuk-datuk, doktor-doktor, pastor-pastor dan leaders-leaders sekalian made me shudder.

Aihh... didn't get to escape... Although my EFC mates did not succeed in convincing me to go, Ben convinced me to attend the conference on Saturday... saying that it was very good and stuff. I gave in at last. And since we were like both small fry's compared to all the 'giants' out there... we kinda stuck to one another as if we were joined at the hip :P Here he was on the first day of the summit.It was a very good summit btw. Listened to the pastors, teachers, leaders, etc humbly sharing their hearts for the nation and our country, Malaysia...and the passionate work God had enabled them to do in their respective communities - for the poor, victims of injustice, rejected, weak and sick, strengthening the schools which the society has deemed 'hopeless', etc... Amazing. Salt and light to the world, these people are. Dedicated, sacrificial warriors. Seriously, they seem so fearless... even though I know it isn't that easy. I was so inspired.Then hor... a surprise sprang on me. May, one of the organizers of the event, came up and asked me if I could sing and play my composition... instead of the initial plan, whereby the worship leader was supposed to lead the song... @_@' Felt so trapped. The picture above shows me 'bargaining' and in denial... begging... "Must I really...?" Sei mei? :P But upon Ben's encouragement, I decided not to be intimidated or disobedient... and trust God. Wasn't too bad after all. The first time I played and sang the song myself - as a performance. Ben sat around to support me. The second time, I worked together with our very sweet pianist, Eveleen Chan... she played the piano while I led the congregation in the singing of the song.
She did a very good job too! :) Was amazing working with her. I do look forward to any future opportunities to work with her more closely. (How come so many of my pianist friends are Chans?)

Truly appreciate all the sincere encouragement of the people who heard the song (it also certainly blessed me to hear them singing along to it) and very thankful for God's grace and mercy that enabled me to go up there to sing His song without fainting... (Before I played it the first time, I was so scared and faithless, that I thought I'd keel over from hyperventilation and tachycardia...then my legs were trembling like jelly while I was on stage! It certainly did not help that my bladder was FULL on that morning's fluids and coffee...and I didn't have time to make it to the loo before I got on stage...) Also, so humbled by this opportunity I initially tried to run away from... :P An opportunity for God to glorify Himself.

I feel the life coming back. That which I feel I have lost for a long time.

The picture of exhaustion...after a long long day...*PHEW*...This was at Matsuki's, where we dined with some of our CG members that night. Good time of fellowshipping. Love them all.
The very much loved... :)
Sunday... on the way to church

3 comments:

mozozozo said...

Very proud of you, jie =)

weelyn said...

praise God! :)
would love to hear you sing the song one day... can ar?

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Zoey: thanks sis...

Weelyn: can :)

 

Free Blog Counter