Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday musings

You know how they always say that "...the quest for one's identity reaches its zenith during adolescence" ?

Me thinks that it is very funny that I have long exceeded adolescence (ok, maybe not so long ago)... but I seem to be still seeking my identity. Actually, I think the quest for my identity peaked only long after adolescence ended.

Ben said this on Saturday: "Finding God's will is not a moment, but a process." The journey counts, not just the destination.

I've been thinking of going back to the arts recently. Or rather, I feel an urge to return to a passion I've laid aside for quite a while (since I decided that I'd go to med school), only to be expressed once in a while through random opportunities. The thing that truly makes me happy... and which (I feel) God has often been gracious to use as a medium to make others happy. I'd love to create art that is theologically sound, art that may not directly speak but reflects God's redemption and love.... and lastly, art that sincerely and honestly expresses my response to life and what He's done for me. And when I say 'art' I mean all kinds. Music, writing, design, choreography, etc.

Sounds like a mere dream huh? :)

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter