Tuesday, April 6, 2010

crazy start to the week :D

After a crazy weekend + off-day of rushing assignments (I am still rushing assignments, btw) and Easter...

...the week kicked off with more adrenaline pumping through my veins. *laughs*

Literally.

I drank a flask of coffee this morning before chapel (won't name the brand - but I've only begun drinking it today - coz I had intended to try something new). Ben's mum saw it in my groceries-bag the day before... and thoughtfully warned me that the coffee may contain 'stuff' that would cause me to become hyperactive. I didn't really believe her, coz the packet did not mention anything about the 'stuff' in the list of ingredients. But today, when I smelt the coffee... it smelt kinda strange. Normal coffee scent plus a little 'more'. I ignored the alarm bells going off in my head, drank the coffee in class...

...and the next thing I knew...

I was becoming restless and extremely nervous. In class, I kept getting distracted by my thoughts (and they were of totally random things, mind you). My heart was kinda racing, my mouth was dry - and I wanted to throw up. Badly. I was not sure if the effects were due to the smell of the coffee, the caffeine (how much of this can they put into 3-in-1 coffee?) or the extra 'stuff' not mentioned in the list of ingredients. Or anything apart from the coffee (?)

It didn't help that I was going to play in the worship team for chapel later on. I wouldn't usually get so nervous about a chapel service - even though I felt ill-prepared for worship. When it comes to music, I don't mind spontaneity. In fact, today I was even stressed about playing the piano! @_@' Dear me.

Nervously, I prayed before the service started.

I really believe God heard my prayer. I didn't really do anything out-of-ordinary. The usual band 'emergencies' were dealt with quite well. The musicians were pretty co-operative and alert - improvised when they needed to (Appreciate them so much) Praise God! The people in the chapel sang their hearts out to worship Him.

I'm fine now.

Just wondering what I am to do with the rest of the satchets of 3-in-1+1-mysterious-ingredient coffee. :P

2 comments:

Pig said...

There's 2 options:
1) Give it away to those who have higher tolerance :P
2) Take this particular brand only on a full stomach :P

I get that often..so, I know it's no fun :P Next time you get that, the only way out is drink loads of water and keep wee-weeing :P hahaha.. and munch on filling snacks :D haha

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Errrr, you wanna? :P Wee wee didn't do the trick for me. I drank water but still felt like puking...

 

Free Blog Counter