Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday

I turned 26 on Sunday :)

My birthday weekend was good. Celebrations were simple yet meaningful. I have much to thank God, for the year past. Most of all, His continuous presence in my life, through thick and thin...

...and of course many other blessings... as shared in my blog throughout the year :)

Friday:

The card Chik Bu made, and passed around for my MBTS mentoring group mates to sign on Friday...It was supposed to be in the shape of a butterfly... but I at first thought that it was a war-craft :P Oopsie-doopsie.... Thanks, bro! I can feel the love.

Went to Queens at QB for a simple dinner with Ben in the evening... and we watched 'The Tooth Fairy' at the mall. I thought it was a hilarious movie, although I still feel that nothing quite beats 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs' in my top 5 favorite animation movies yet. 'Madagascar' too.

Saturday:

Gosh, can't really remember what I did in the morning, except that we went for kuey-tiao soup for breakfast. Went to Perodua workshop too... the bank, etc. There was also quite some work I did, although I also forgot what I did (:P) We went for CG/Bible study at night. Was glad that we still had 5 people present, despite the Thaipusam traffic jams!!! @_@

(Next time, when Thaipusam comes up...please remind me to be under house arrest. Unless I've got school. Can someone teach my car to fly? :P)

We had CG/Bible Study on Saturday... meet my CG leader :P (Dude, u are not supposed to put ur feet on the table...)
The rest of my CG mates who sang me a birthday song after Bible Study. (Zoey, recognize my top?:P)
From left: William, Janet, me and Sau Chan

Sunday:

Youth ministry in the morning...then we went for the 11 o'clock church service. A good, impacting sermon by brother Chong Jin... I also had the privilege of meeting Ee Ling mei-mei again :) Can't wait to meet up soon for lunch or something. Probably when I return to Penang from my CNY trip back to KL! Gosh, it's just next week! (Which reminds me, my dateline for assignments are fast coming up!!!)

After church on Sunday, Ben brought me for lunch at a nice restaurant on Penang Road - a.k.a. Salsas.
It was a great dining experience. Relaxing environment, great food and lovely company. What more could I ask for?*Happy*
Fluffy bread-rolls with butter to accompany the cream-based soups...
Family-friendly environment...nice interior deco too.
My dear boyfriend... *Sayang, sayang*
Me and my yummy lasagne... WOW! It was so good. Not too rich or sharp... and not too subtle. Just right. I'd rate it 9 out of 10. (My mouth is still watering thinking of the beef bacon bits they put into my lasagne - tasted nothing like it in my life!)
Our dessert
A tiny piece of melt-in-your-mouth brownie, mango pudding and a dainty cup of kiwi-fruit ice-cream... Just nice to polish off a spendiferous lunch!

We had Jap food that night at Tsuruya, E Gate. I didn't take any photos though.

Monday:

Met up with Ji in the morning. God is good - So far, He has provided me the money for a one-way ticket to Poland (for mission trip this August) thanks to the combined contributions of my sisters - Ji and Jialin (who's in the States). I shall have faith and wait patiently for more funds to come in. Meanwhile, people... please pray for me.

After a lovely morning out, I came home to this...

Yeah, Ben and I have been repainting my house - when we have free-time. (Ben more than myself) Slowly but surely... Ben was having a replacement holiday on Monday, so for once, we spent Monday together... Painting and making a mess in my home.
Spent Monday evening (after dinner) at Ben's home, with Ben's parents. A very blessed time indeed. We sat around in their dining room (where Aunty Wong was initially reading the Bible, at her usual spot... and Uncle Wong was ironing clothes) and chatted about God and other random stuff.

This concludes my birthday weekend. Now, back to work. Exam tomorrow...

2 comments:

Kevin Evans Tay said...

now you are 2 years older than me. wahahaha

Grace-Melody Moo said...

chehhh.... 2 years onli ma... no biggie :P

 

Free Blog Counter