Sunday, February 21, 2010

The fall...

I have my geeky and clumsy moments.

This morning, I was supposed to wake up early, so that I could get to church in time for Youth Ministry.

Usually, I am so tired on Saturday evenings/nights (CG), that I more often than not have to dig myself out from bed on Sunday mornings, rush through all the morning routines... grab a peanut-pao from the hawker's stall and speed off to church. *Sheepish* Yesterday, I thought... why not set my alarm clock so that I'd wake up a little earlier than usual... so that I wouldn't have to rush? Well, I did... Ambitious, silly me.

Turned out that I spent a few hours before bed that night crying my eyes out about something random. Haha. Then my nose was badly blocked :( Craps (There's no such thing as crying myself to sleep for me!) To cut the long story short, it was a long time before I could comfortably fall asleep.

This morning, my alarm clock (which is actually my handphone) rang (with the most eerie, frightening tune ever...if I may add) at an unearthly hour in the corner of my bedroom, where it was still charging from yesterday night.

I got up in great alarm as the music got louder and louder... Ran in the direction of my alarm clock (phone) - and slipped and fell. Banged my bum against something (the bed I think) - and the next thing I knew my head hit the floor with a loud thunk! Voila! I ended up flat out on my back.

Sigh. In the end, I didn't get to wake up THAT early. I snoozed my clock, whimpered and went back to bed to nurse my aching head. So much for all that hullabaloo! :P

Thankfully, I didn't crack my skull. But the headache is still there while I type this. And I've got this lump somewhere on my head, a bruise on my hip, a little sprain in my neck and a wound on my bum :P

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter