Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend and the thing called PMS....

A few pics...
There was this pave-tar-in-road/steamroller-lookalike vehicle (I dunno what it's really called) parked in our church grounds... Azril hopes that he will be able to drive it some day. He was really interested in how it works. Asked me a whole bunch of questions about the pipes, strange containers, engines, etc of the vehicle. I was clueless. Very clueless.

Then we had Uncle Ben and his antics...

Uncle Ben's turn to 'drive' the vehicle...

I felt pretty unmotivated the whole weekend to do anything... but I had to drag myself to do everything all the same :P (Oh GOD, forgive me for such a bad attitude!)

I was a little cranky, emo, tired all the time, and I kept craving for food. However... I thank God for PMS - because it is a clear sign that my hormones are fine. I realized recently, that whenever I have absolutely no PMS - the cycle that month would have most likely gone hay-wire.. I hate it when that happens - because then the timing will be unpredictable. (Girls, you know what I mean).

It is a bonus of course, when the Boyfriend is so understanding and merciful. Hehe. I love him.

So anyway.... Girls, you shouldn't be ashamed of PMS... and NO, it is not a sign of weakness of character. Just don't let the temporary madness of PMS master you...

What do I mean? Well, you know what is right and wrong. Choose to do the right things. Also... spend time with God, journal and take more rests when things seem overwhelming. Eat balanced meals with light snacks in between if needed. Sleep sufficiently - take short naps in the afternoon if you feel tired. Exercise for that endorphin surge. Drink alot of water. And don't be too hard on yourselves - make time to engage in good hobbies.

May the peace of the Lord that transcends all understanding guard your hearts and minds in Christ!

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter