Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday

Met up with dear friends, Edmond and Ee Ling today - after school. We fellowshipped in Mcdonald's and exchanged news 'bout our lives after we had gone on our separate paths. I heard, with much interest, all about Sabah and what's going on there.

Really - Church of Malaysia, we've got to wake up! Churches, stop saving money 'for a rainy day' - it will come, but no amount of money can prepare us for such a day. Invest more in equipping people to go out to the nations/peoples... and send them out indeed.

Christians, stop building 'palaces' in the city, accumulating wealth for ourselves... and living complacent, self-serving, self-centered lives - just as if we are going to stay in this world forever; as if its end will never come. Stop complaining against the church or its leaders; about what we are not getting. Stop sitting on our bums and expecting others to serve us! We've got to get serious with our spiritual walks. Give. Serve! Some day, the Lord will return - and what will He find us doing? Will our lamps be full or empty? Will we be sleeping or on watch? Will our families and friends have come to know and love Him? What have we left to say when He asks us what have we done about His Great Commission? We've got to get down on our knees to pray. If God calls us to go, then let us be faithful to His call. This also goes to myself.

Edmond gave me a hand-drawn map of Penang (picture above), on which he had marked out the places we all used to hang out, had our CF retreats and etc (made me very nolstalgic). He also gave me a worship CD - in which he had slyly inserted a love-gift ~ which I only discovered when we had gone separate ways and I was about to play the CD in my car.

*tears of thanksgiving*

Yesterday evening, Rachel Chan blessed me with dinner at Matsuki's. It was a good time. I am so grateful that God has strengthened our friendship so much, over the past few years. Meals with her always leaves me with more faith and new-found hope somehow. Perhaps, it's because she's such a godly woman :) And she never fails to bring me joy.

It's funny. I've been praying for provisions from the Lord for the months ahead - including funds for a one-month mission trip to Poland in August. I find it amazing that God always finds a way to reassure me right from the beginning that He will provide my needs.

1 comments:

sophia said...

Aiiyah, McDonald's again? I think they should pay you for advertising them like this. lol! And hey, a Princess of God is dining in their place, so they should feel honored!

And amen to this post...Like the bible says...the harvest is plenty, but there are no workers to harvest them. We really need more servants, people who are equipped to go out to the nations and peoples. And really, there is no point in amassing so much wealth in this earth, when our real wealth should be focused upon the eternal crown in Heaven!

 

Free Blog Counter