Monday, January 25, 2010

Out of my comfort zone... into what?

Today was a bit strange.

It was a little unlike any typical Monday. I didn't do the stuff I'd usually do on Mondays. I did stuff that I wouldn't usually do on Mondays. I ate stuff that I wouldn't normally eat on Mondays. You get the picture? But... oh well, it's good to break out of routine sometimes. When we get too comfy with our lives, we don't grow. Our faith is not stretched. We become boring, complacent, passive and uncreative people. I don't know about you... but it sure affects me this way :P ... So there!

Sat in Mc'donald's today for lunch - and I amused myself, in the midst of journalling, by fixing my eyes on the lip movements of the other patrons - one by one. As I did that, I could actually make out each of their voices over the confusing buzz of noises in the background - even if one was sitting 10 metres away! Funny - I was suddenly aware that God was using that to remind me to fix my eyes on Him ~ to get busy loving His Word, engaging in prayer, serving Him and being a faithful steward. Praying, watching and waiting. Subsequently, I'd be able to make out His still small voice over the din of noises the world presents, as well as discern God's will and direction for my life.

It was a timely reminder indeed. Last week, I was overwhelmingly bothered and worried about something. Prayed with tears. Then somehow, today, I received news that would have killed me in my tracks last week (haha, sorry for the dramatic-ness! :P) but hey, I am actually dealing with it surprisingly well now! Praise God. To be honest, I wasn't feeling totally happy when I decided that I'd 'let go and let God' and... accept the upcoming challenge as a blessing. Miserable would perhaps be too strong a word in a time such as this. However, the peace in my heart grew and grew. I think someone must have prayed for me last week - that I would be transformed by the renewing of my mind :P (I wonder who) coz I feel that THIS is what happened to me! No wonder Romans 12:2 says, "Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will." Now, I have faith that God is going to make all things work together for the very best - to Him be all glory! May this also be an opportunity for me to grow.

Aside from all that...

I am looking forward to seeing Ji next Monday! Yippee-doo-dah! :) She's gonna fly back to Singapore the very same day... but oh... I'm so thankful that I get to catch her before she disappears again. Life is full of hi's and goodbyes... but it is those precious moments we catch in between that make life absolutely worth living!

OT survey 1 exam tomorrow...

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter