Monday, January 18, 2010

Lydia inspired me to do this...

8 things I am looking forward to:

1. All the mission trips this year
2. Choir ministry trip to CGMC Ipoh this coming weekend….
3. Completion of all house-painting and renovation work...
4. Going back to KL for Chinese New Year
5. Meeting the people I've prayed for but never met, and people who've prayed for me but I've never met
6. opportunities to reach-out and make a difference
7. Graduating from MBTS
8. getting married ... :P ~ whenever that is

8 things I did yesterday:

1. Youth ministry
2. Turned my house upside down :P --> It's a bad mess now. No visitors allowed for these few months. Unless... who wants to help me clean house? XD
3. Talked to Pst. W about my weekend ministry
4. Blogged
5. Twitter-ed :P
6. Caught up with the News
7. Had dinner with the Wongs @ a dai-chow stall opposite SJK(C) Chong Cheng in Sg. Ara
8. Grocery-shopped at Giant Hypermarket

8 things I wish I could do:

1. Sleep earlier every night...
2. Write a book
3. Be more disciplined, consistent and determined in my work.
4. Be less emotional - and I really mean it.
5. Be able to bless others more
6. Meet up with friends for coffee and heart-to-heart talks more often
7. Work to earn money :P
8. Be more loving, friendly and compassionate

8 shows I watch:

1. Anything on Discovery Channel, National Geographic and Animal Planet
2. HK TVB dramas - occasionally :)
3. movies - all kinds...
4. 'Nuff said :P
5.
6.
7.
8.

8 favorite fruits:

1. Mangoes
2. Passion fruit
3. Green apples
4. Dragon fruit
5. Nangka
6. Honeydew
7. Lychees
8. Strawberries

8 places I’d like to travel:

1. Europe...Europe...Europe. Love it there... and such a heart for the people
2. Australia and New Zealand
3. South Africa
4. Korea and Japan
5. India
6. Middle-east countries
7. Indonesia
8. America

8 books i’ve been inspired by:

1. The Bible
2. All of Elisabeth Elliot's books - including 'Passion and Purity', 'The Shadow of the Almighty', 'Jim Elliot's journals'... and many many more
3. All of A.W. Tozer's books
4. Carolyn McCulley's 'Radical Womanhood'
5. Rev. Edmund Chan's 'Growing Deep in God'
6. 'The Unnecessary Pastor' by Marva Dawn and Eugene Peterson
7. Books by Francine Rivers - especially 'When the Shofar Blew'
8. 'The Power of a Praying Wife' by Stormie O'Martian (very very good book)

8 people you wish you could meet :

1. All the great authors of my favourite books
2. Aunty May Ling
3. Nat Tan
4. Sophia Lee
5. All the people who've prayed for me but I've never met and all the people I've prayed for but I've never met
6. Francine Rivers (she's written the most inspiring Christian fiction I've ever read)
7. David Benoit - jazz composer, Joe Misaishi, many many more music composers ... too many to name :D
8. My kids :)

8 favourite food

1. Japanese food
2. Subway's and O'Brien's sandwiches
3. Hot creamy soups with crusty bread
4. Fried rice :)
5. Anything with cheese - cheese cake, lasagne, pizza, etc
6. Anything with chocolate chips
7. Mc-donald's :P (I think this is no surprise to anybody)
8. Home-cooked food

2 comments:

Kevin Evans Tay said...

get married~ get married~ get married~~!

Lydia said...

Yeah :) Fun meme!!! :)

Neway have a blessed weeek ahead! :)

Love,
Lydia

 

Free Blog Counter