Thursday, January 7, 2010

Guess who...

Someone dropped by my door-step
to say "Hi" to me today...
...even though it was late in the evening,
he got held up at work and was tired.
I had nothing much to offer him...
(I didn't have to of course...)
but Rachel had given me...
a yummy packet of mints and a box of good Cadbury brunch bars...
so I gave him 2 mints and a brunch bar...
which he firmly refused...
coz... he was fasting (for prayer purposes)
*smacks my own forehead*
Argh. How could I have been so insensitive? :P
(I totally forgot that he was fasting *guilty look*)
But still... I am so proud of him for refusing...
(I am not sure what I would have done :P)
Totally admire his commitment to the Lord,
and touched, coz he came
even when he didn't have to...
or when I haven't been all that nice to him to deserve it.
This is what I call LOVE.

2 comments:

Pig said...

awwww...nais! :D surprises liddis really warms the heart :D

and i would wonder what I would do two with 2 mints and 1 cadbury bar tempting :P

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Yea... it does warm the heart. I love surprises too:D Reading bout them, getting em, etc.

Ummm... I think I would have gobbled the bar without thinking...then when I got to the mints, I'd suddenly remember and regret...

 

Free Blog Counter