Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Be good stewards of the environment

The weather in Penang is driving me up the wall! Argh. I have a fine old headache already. :(

People, start taking care of your environment. Global warming is real, you know... and NOT everyone can afford to use the A/C 24/7. The sea levels are already rising. Some animals will die if the temperature continues to crank up a few notches.

Stop burning rubbish outside my window. Yeah, you can get rid of trash instantly, sure... but do you realize how hazardous the smoke is to your children playing on the streets? As well as to people like me, who have no choice but to keep my windows open for oxygen?

I feel like an animal being smoked out of its cave. Grrrrrrreeeat....

It always sickens me whenever I see vehicles emitting huge plumes of black/white smoke from their exhaust pipes whilst running down the road. *beep, beep* Old Bas Kilang's, lorries and badly maintained old cars are the main culprits. Funny... I usually forgive and forget (literally) road bullies right after encountering them on a journey... but the disgust after I see smoke-spurts from vehicles continues to haunt me for a much longer time afterward.

I don't blame the vehicles. They are innocent. They can't help themselves if those who are responsible to maintain them do not.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter