Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A lovely Tuesday...

Today, I was out most of the time.

Met up with Nellie for lunch today. It was a great time - we as usual yakked overtime. Two-and-a-half hours later, we were still comfortably refilling our tea-cups in Sakae Sushi, patting our full bellies, throwing back our heads and laughing at one another. Hehe. I am so glad to have her back.

Come to think of it, I probably wouldn't have survived my very first few weeks in work back at Trinity last year - without her around to teman me on my Grand Penang City Rounds (as opposed to grand ward rounds back in the hospital) and visit homebound church aunties. She was still on hols, I hardly knew how to drive at that time (was still riding Joella's bicycle from house to house), the roads and addresses in Penang were foreign to me... and I had already fainted once on the road - in the hot sun. Therefore, I was so glad for the car-rides... and of course we were thankful for one another's company. Started visiting people as timid strangers...I remember Nellie and myself seated on Mdm P's sofa staring at one another - wondering what else to say to relieve the awkward silence. Then we grew bolder.

I laugh to recall our adventures. Challenging and funny. We had dear aunties who were hard of hearing, down with all kinds of health problems, fans of cats, fans of their grandkids, people with short-term memory problems, ladies in nursing homes, etc. Joyful ones and not so joyful ones...

Boy, I was so sorry that Nellie's hols had to come to an end... coz she left me behind - and flew back to Europe for work :P Then she'd show me her pictures from time to time - that made me drool.

~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow, I am going out with two dear friends for lunch and movie... then to Vanessa's house for dinner in the evening.

Really, I have mixed feelings about leaving Penang after Christmas. On one hand, I look forward to the vacation. On the other hand, it means that my hols are coming to an end soon - and the crazy school days are beginning again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really really nice pic...but who is it? Is that you?

Oh, and Sakae Sushi! I went there a few times when I was in Singapore...good stuff! :-)
I'm jealous...I didn't get to have sushi today! So disappointed! :-(

Pig said...

Blue izit in the pic?? :D
I almost forgot all about the biking days..hehe..now that you mentioned...wow...you've come a long way girl :)

mozozozo said...

hehe...yeah I remember the fainting incident...and the nice people who helped out =) hope you enjoy your holiday...and your interesting itinerary in KL ;)

 

Free Blog Counter