Thursday, December 17, 2009

Beautiful Wednesday

Before I blog bout today, I want to thank God for 2 things on my mind today...

Firstly...

...we're gonna celebrate our 2nd Christmas together soon! Ben and myself...

Thank You, God... that this year - we've grown in so many ways - individually and as a couple. As we celebrate Christmas this year, may we remember how Jesus laid down His life for us, in love ~ and as response, may we love, revere and worship You from our hearts, even more. Jesus, be the center of our lives and relationship; strengthen our love toward one another; unite us in a bond of mutual generosity, friendship, love and understanding... Last but not least, grant us faithfulness, that we may continue to serve You hand-in-hand - with joy, passion and zeal for Your Kingdom. Amen.

Secondly, my Living World Religions results are out (yeah, the course for which my assignments initially got lost on their way to Dr. Jeffrey Oh). I did well, by God's grace. What a blessing! :) Praise God! To everyone who lovingly prayed, provided (so I could take the course), supported and encouraged me through this course - I couldn't have done it without you all. Thank you, lovelies!!:)

Went out with dear friends - Ai Hua and Matthew the whole day. It was really fun. I was refreshed indeed.

We lunched on duck rice together at Pulau Tikus, lepaked in Gurney Plaza (more specifically, we shopped for ministry stuff and window-shopped at Padini Concept Store - the Christmas sales, so tempting... but our Matt kept reminding us, "James 1..." Sigh. Haha), watched 'The Princess and the Frog', went for coffee, went grocery-shopping... then wound up at Vanessa's house for dinner. Matthew cooked us some really simple but nice fare... We also had Wei Wenn (STM student from Jelutong Methodist Church) join us later for makan.

A really blessed time. Matt's cooking was splendiferous! Our extremely hot topic of discussion today at the dining table was - 'Love Languages'. Our sister-in-Christ, Vanessa, is going to move out of her place soon...so today's dinner was rather like the last gathering we'd have in that place (as well as sort of a Christmas/New Year celebration together. We ate, fellowshipped, worshipped God and prayed for one another. Also, we shared what God has done in our lives throughout the past year, especially through seminary.

For me, it was a humbling year on the whole. I never knew I was so weak ~ till God revealed it to me through my circumstances, my relationships with people and through the difficulties I faced with my studies. Wow! But when I was weak, God showed Himself strong and faithful. Merciful, gracious and loving. And His kindness... unbelievable but true... always leads me to repentance. I desire that I would continue to let Him fill that void within my heart...so that I may show more kindness to others in the year ahead. Seminary has given me many beautiful new friendships, new ways to serve God and taught me many valuable things for ministry.

Some pictures...
Matt ~ our chef of the day...Ai Hua, the chef's beautiful girlfriend... who cheerfully washed the dishes......and played guitar for our praise-and-worship session... :)Vanessa, the mighty captain of the prayer-warrior team...
BoldMethodist women... unite!:P
From left: me, Vanessa, Ai Hua, Wei Wenn


Oh, I trimmed my hair yesterday...

This is how it looks if I blow dry my hair after a wash... Haha. As if I have so much time...
I just need more hair to grow on my head...then it will be perfect already.

Woopsss.... I know this is UNRELATED and RANDOM - but I'd better end here, and go to sleep soon. Pastor J saw that I am still online on FB (now it's 2.40am) and messaged me on FB to ask me why I am not asleep yet. Haha. @_@' ~ So cool right?

I wonder then... what is Pastor J doing awake at this time of the night...on Facebook!:P

5 comments:

mozozozo said...

Jie...I couldn't recognise you at first!! in the 'Methodist women...unite!' I thought u were holding the cam till I read the caption =P your hair looks nice!!

Pig said...

haha..the gurls all look great :D I havent seen Ai Hua for a long time..and she looks great! Tell her that (altho she may not remember me anyways) :D And yes, nice trimming :D

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Zoey: you couldnt recognize me?:P I know, I really gained weight... hehe. This hols been alot of eating..and I am still have so many meet-ups this week...

Pig: thanks...she tried to figure who u are, but she couldn't remember. Maybe she would be able to recognize u from a pic?:P What a small island Penang is.

Lydia said...

Wey like i said in facebook, u looked really hawt larrr!! the whole combo :P

Grace-Melody Moo said...

ah, Lydia... I think u look hawt in ur pictures too :D and no...I'm not trying to return u a compliment.

 

Free Blog Counter