Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Year One of Million Leaders Mandate/ Externally Focused Church course over...

Year One of MLM/EFCC is over. I graduated today. 2 more years to go.

I regret to say that I did not willingly sign-up for this course about a year ago. At that time, I was rather doubtful about the 3-years-span of this training - didn't know if I could commit to it while I am undertaking 3 years of fulltime studies at the seminary. @_@

However, my boyfriend's enthusiasm to learn, equip himself for leadership and act on the conviction he's received in his heart from the Holy Spirit to commit himself to the course rubbed off on me...Of course, while it started off as an effort made to go along so that I could encourage Ben, God opened my eyes so that I could see the 'timely-ness' of the commitment. I was greatly influenced to make full use of the following 3 years of pastoral/ministry training to not only equip myself theologically, academically and in specific ministry skills... but also to be exposed to what God has been doing in the course of Malaysian and world history in line with His mission to reconcile His people to Himself... and to be involved in what He is doing in the world around.

I hope I don't sound like I've been brainwashed, haha...

Honestly, MLM/EFCC is not merely any biblical leadership course - but with this, it brings God's clarion call for us to go out to make disciples of all nations - beginning with our families, community, schools, work-places, etc. I am grateful that we are not forced to comply to the principles taught, but rather, we're encouraged to go back after classes to THINK and REFLECT on what we've learned... and apply it in bearing fruit for God's Kingdom. I thank God for the deep impact He made on my life even from the beginning of this course, the stirring within me to do more with what He's placed in me, as well as the motivation for missions work.

I have absolutely NO regrets that I took that leap of faith - and committed myself to this course. Even though the prioritizing of this course for the next 3 years meant that I had to inevitably give up some other things for the time being... especially the choir ministry... *sobs*

Coping with MLM/EFCC whilst working on my M.Div? Easy. I just apply what I've learnt in MLM/EFCC in my M.Div assignments, wherever and whenever I can :) ~ That makes up for any bit of tiredness experienced from attending MORE classes after classes at the seminary. Yeah!

Then of course, I am thankful for how this course has strengthened my relationship with Ben while we are in this together.

Wednesday evenings (every 2 weeks) are always spent in the same manner - a quick dinner together after Ben finishes work and I'm done with my own, then we speed off to church in his car and sit 'spellbound' through 2 hours plus of classes. After that we usually talk about what we've learnt for that day while he drives me home...(unless either one of us is feeling emo about something totally unrelated, haha ~ and the other has to find some way to cheer the emo one up!) I find it very meaningful that we are able to spend at least one day a week in focused discussion/brainstorm on how we can both be more fruitful in our lives, work, families and ministries together... and encouraging one another to live life to the fullest.

So, praise God - that we're done with the first year! :)

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter