Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday

Went to watch Cloudy, with a chance of Meatballs last night, at Perangin Mall... WOW, it was a GREAT MOVIE! I loved it. Would highly recommend it. I think I liked it more than Surrogate(s). This was a very creative movie. Had some touching parts, that worked up my tear-ducts pretty much. I'd rate it 8.5 out of 10. Recommend it!:) - the movie got me craving for spagetti with meatballs and cheeseburgers after that. Although I had dined on Mcd's before the movie. Savoured every bit of my double-cheeseburger, with fries and Diet Coke!

Looked down on the city center of Penang...after the movie was over... What a beautiful place!

This reminds me a little of where I used to grow up as a little girl...in Pudu, KL - before we moved to Subang Jaya.... Busy, wild, seedy in some areas, ancient and busy. Ah, childhood days...

Which brings me to remember...

As a child, I used to have this strange ambition :P ~ I guess my papa would remember me saying that I want to live in a shop-house above a kopi-tiam, when I grew up. @_@ I did not delight in big houses, I guess. For me, what mattered more were - the warmth of a vibrant, close-knit community, the joys of strong family relationships even within a tiny home, and... (I know, abit lame...) the yummy smells of steamy-hot food from below.

I always imagined that I'd be able to go downstairs early in the morning, and have kaya-and-butter toast with Milo with friends... before we departed for work. Haha.

1 comments:

Sophia said...

McD's again!!! LMAO!
Hey, I was the same way, sort of. As a kid, I didn't want big houses at all, either. I wanted to live in a farm! And a treehouse! lol!

 

Free Blog Counter