Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday

Back to work.

Picture below was taken in October 2007 - 2 years ago. Memories of burning the midnight oil with Tailo (Kean Yew) at Mc'donald's Greenlane every night... for the Paediatrics-Obstetrics & Gynaecology-Psychiatry-General Practice final exams... the very next month.

We didn't have a choice. To keep awake and motivate one another to study, many of us would troop to 24-hour eateries together after the college library closed at 10.00pm - and sit there with our books (and no laptops) till the crack of dawn. Mc-donald's Greenlane happened to be our 'hang-out-and-burn-midnight-oil' place. For Tailo, Yeh Han, Hari and myself. (You must be surprised that I haven't gotten tired of Mc-donald's yet!) So much yee-hei... haha. (I don't know how to translate that from Cantonese to English.)

This was the exams, which we all claimed that '... if we don't go crazy this time, we will probably never go crazy for the rest of our lives!' I have to say that it is very true.

It's good for me to remember at this crazy time, when my assignments are piled sky-high and there is an exam in the coming week - that I did not go crazy during POPGP-2007 - because God sustained me throughout that period of time! And He will do the same now.

Let's see. I am done with my Ketubim journal on the 12 books of the Hebrew Bible (Psalms, Proverbs, Job, Ecclesiastes, Song of songs, Esther, 1 and 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah)... Triune God sermon (which I'm afraid that it's keluar topik)... and most of Christian Theology. Now, comes the ultimate challenge of doing my 12-page reflection paper (yes, the one which I kept procrastinating... I still don't know how to go about doing it! @_@) amidst preparing for Ketubim's final exam. All these by the 30th October.

I will worry about the 6th November dateline after that! :P

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter