Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Got out from the wrong side of my bed...

Had my exam on the Ketubim literature of the Hebrew Bible today.

*telan air liur*

Don't ask me how I did. @_@' - it wasn't all that good. Haha. I didn't spend last night studying, but doing assignments - related and unrelated to this course. I sped-read some notes this morning, just before the exam. Spent alot of time during the exam, trying to goreng. But... the most important thing is ~ I am OVER with my mid-term exam for The Writings! ~ Something to be extra thankful for, eh? :) - hope I passed.

In the blur-ness of having slept less than 4 hours last night and too much thinking - I've got aplenty on my mind - I scalded my right arm with today's after-mission-chapel mung-bean soup at the cafeteria.

Talk about being clumsy. I don't even know how that happened! LOL. Now, thinking of it makes me laugh very sheepishly indeed.

First, the plastic bowl full of hot mung-bean soup flew out of my hand, as I randomly released and dropped it - for no apparent reason. I snapped back-to-earth from God-knows which planet. Then, I suddenly found the hot, olive-green, opaque, grainy liquid calmly flowing down my arm and front of my t-shirt like lava from an erupted volcano. Was too numbed to feel a thing or to react. I blankly stared down at the mess and blankly stared at someone (I can't even remember who) and quietly said, "Um...Look.... I spilled something..." There were some exclamations and then a flurry of activity as some of my friends scurried around to help me clean up the mess. *thankful*

Ai Hua had to even remind me to go and run cold water over the burns. She called after me too, "You are the doctor, remember?!?"

I didn't feel anything like I've graduated from medical school at that moment.

Just... stupid... :P ~ and helpless. And bemused.

I used to rave about this Japanese drama series I watched in year 2007, back in 4th med - 'One Litre of Tears'. A tear-jerking series, that I watched over and over again - just to get my tear-ducts to work. (Weird, aren't I? xD) I think today, I feel a little like the girl (Aya) who had spinocerebellar degenerative disease...

*sobs*

I hope the arm won't blister all over. That would be a nightmare.

But think of it... I am thankful that God protected me from even more destruction! :P Imagine if I had absent-mindedly lifted the bowl up above my head and poured the mung-bean soup over myself! :P Haha.

Strange that right before the incident, I was meditating on Psalm 16... Verse 1 goes: "Keep me safe, my God, for in You I take refuge!"

God, You make known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand. (Ps 16:11) I love You, Lord.

Right now my feelings can be best expressed through the simple picture, one of my dear brothers, Edmond, drew me 2 years ago - as comfort and encouragement when I going through a particularly tough, heart-breaking time...as well as the very last lap of my eating disorders - all at one go! It was a picture drawn with alot of brotherly love. I still feel it when I look at it today.

He said that he felt that I was the tree standing in a protective sphere, in the middle of a fearsome, stormy tempest @_@. He was right then. Today, I feel the same way. Different context. But some same emotions.

I miss my brothers, I really do. Especially the three of them: The one in Sabah. The one in Ipoh. The one in KL. The thing about me staying back in Penang after everyone has left - I sometimes go to places, whereby the sights, sounds, scents, etc remind me of the times we spent together. (Especially Mc-donald's Greenlane and Air Hitam Asia Cafe!). Studying. Eating. Fellowshipping. Serving in the college CF. Music team. Etcetera. Now that we've gone on separate paths since July 2008, sometimes, I still find myself wishing that I would bump into any one of them somewhere - and be pleasantly surprised. But that's life for you. Seasons come... Seasons go. Can't be over-sentimental, or I'll never move on.

I might never see them again - till we meet up where we belong.

2 comments:

mozozozo said...

d last part of ur blog a bit emo lah sis =( but I'm glad u weren't hurt badly by the hot stuff...

Grace-Melody Moo said...

yeah praise God!!!:P

 

Free Blog Counter