Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tuesday

One of the most unproductive days ever. I am restless. Peckish. Bored.

Guess I will only begin on my 12-page reflection paper tomorrow.

Thoughts cross my mind. These are nothing new. Day-dreams. Thoughts of others. Thoughts of certain people in my life. Thoughts of the things I want to do when I finally do get through M.Div.

A trip down memory lane. Those good old days when I still walked the streets of Dublin. Right now, it seems like it all never happened... just like a beautiful dream.... except... its details never faded. Ever. And the remnants left of the years I spent in that foreign land - especially the friendships that never ceased, the sights captured, voices known and loved, the music that has enriched my life, etc - still put a smile on my face, every now and then.

Of course, Dublin wasn't just happiness. There were the tough, cold chunks too. Painful bits. Days when the sun just wouldn't come out. When there seemed to be no light to lessen darkness. Troubles that simply did not dissolve - until I returned to Malaysia. To the sunny island of Penang. A whole new season all together.

And yet. I wouldn't have arrived at where I am today, without the milestones those years held. I look forward to the years ahead of witnessing even greater things God will do. And of course, being sentimental, I look forward to a day, when the difficulties of today will finally make sense and I can look back to 29.09.2009 ...and feel blessed. Contented. That God has walked with me through it all.

Just like how I look back to years 2003-2006 and remember God's faithfulness.

Outside, the rain pours furiously.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter