Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fidgetty...

Couldn't fall asleep easily last night. Felt a tinge of fear still prickling my heart. Fell asleep praying. Had to wake up early to meet Vanessa this morning.

Heart is filled with anxiety somehow. It isn't about work-related or missions-related stuff (although I admit I'm a little nerve-wrecked about some things - just a little...) - but a hundred-and-one other things running through my mind. God have mercy!

Thought I'd spend some time with the Lord after this. I've been dwelling on the book of Psalms in the past few days. It is great and comforting to see how King David, the anointed king of Israel who God called, 'a man after His own heart', was not spared from spiritual struggles, spiritual attacks and troubles. But how he cried out to God, lamented, and still could acknowledge Him Lord over his life! How he trusted in the deliverance and faithfulness of God. What steely determination, despite his weaknesses. What adoration he gave. What triumphant praise he sang for the Lord, our Mighty King of all Battles.

I cannot help but be encouraged. The strength that God gives is made perfect when we are totally weak and powerless to help ourselves.

His grace is sufficient for me.

God is good all the time... and His love endures forever.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter