Sunday, July 26, 2009

Youth Sunday

MYF (youth) Sunday at church today. How timely huh. Just when I've finished doing last week's classes - and today, the Speaker was stressing on the importance of the Youth Ministry in church and its potential to raise up a generation of God-fearing men and women! Cool!


Anyway, talking about the youth, I remember my younger days with much fondness. Eating disorders, a very poor self-image, high levels of emotional stress at school (I was a way, way perfectionist), crushes on guys which led to alot of heart-ache (yes they did!), etc. But at the same time, God had graciously brought into my life the wisest, godliest women who played huge roles in my spiritual growth and my journey to recovery from eating disorders. These were the people who loved me, discipled me, prayed with me, shared with me their lives, modelled godliness... and because of their evident faith and love for God in everything they did and said, I too desired to embrace the 'biblical womanhood' thingy - which included being a good wife and mother. Today, faced with a younger generation so caught up with the trends of technology, Facebook and post-modernism worldview, I cannot help but feel that passion and burden to do for the young women what my older sisters in Christ did for me in the past. It was about the second best gift I've received in my life (the best being my salvation!) - one which I still deeply cherish even today.

Btw, I thought I'd just make a statement here today: There will be officially no more weekly trips to Mini Taman Negara! LOL! That's because the owners (our church members) are finally back from their one-year stay in Singapore (thanks to Uncle C's work) ~ and therefore no more green stories of snake-skins, garden creepy-crawlies, etc... I must congratulate my boyfriend, who has been diligently care-taking this house for the past year - it has been hard work, especially with so many other things on his plate. Anyway, gardening, declogging the drains on hot Sunday afternoons, dealing with the bills, emergencies, DIY's, etc; he did them all so graciously, by God's grace, even when he was tired. (I was not quite as cheerful as he was, I regret to say:P ~ even though I usually did nothing much but to hang around and talk to him while he was hard as work.) I am indeed very encouraged by his servant's attitude, and hope to learn to serve and walk the extra mile for others like he does.

1 comments:

kevrlee said...

i feel my age is starting to catch up right now too... am i still considered a 'youth'? :P

anyways, nice sharing :)

 

Free Blog Counter