Friday, July 24, 2009

TGIF!!!

Daily homework, this whole week...

TGIF!!!

Woke up late today - 7.10am! Thanks to the cumulative effect of a whole week of late nights! That had me waking up screeching, "I'm LATE! I'm LATE!" like the White Rabbit in Alice-in-Wonderland, springing out of bed like Jack-in-the-box, brushing teeth, taking a 2-min shower, and slathering on face-cream in great hurry. Phew. Was hysterical. Thank God the traffic flow wasn't too bad today - I reached class about 2 minutes before we began.

We have had essay tests every morning this whole week - and in the past few days, I realized that my best time to study is at the breakfast table in the final 10 minutes before I leave home for school - when my mind's all fresh (well, kinda - could have been fresher if I had gone to zzz earlier! But we had loads of homework too!). Today, I had no opportunity to study for my essay test - simply because I had gotten up late!:P So in that 2 minutes I sat huffing and puffing (from climbing the steep slopes) and waiting for our test to begin, I studied for the test.

Being me, I was careless enough to leave my notes at home in all that rush this morning, so Vivien let me read her notes before the test began. @_@ I only had time to speed-read the pages - just to catch the main points. It was amazing - because just yesterday, Vivien had borrowed my notes after class to photo-stat as she hadn't gotten to write them down while the lectures was going on. So today, I got to read my own handwriting - which was great! (I don't cope well reading foreign hand-writing just before my exams, usually) All that in 2 minutes! And praise God the essay test went well! The stuff I had just read (in such great panic) was still way, way fresh in my head. I could even remember how the words looked on the pages - and basically 'copied' out the points. Then goreng the elaborations...

We had missions team meeting right after lunch. Joseph (see pics below), our Korean team-mate, was leading us in devotion today, before we prayed. It was a good meeting - I really enjoyed it. Then after the meeting was over, I had a chance to have a heart-to-heart talk with Vanessa :)

Above: Joseph leading devotion

One more thing: PRAISE GOD for great results in my first course (exams and assignments)! I was very blessed to see my transcript slip yesterday, coz I had expected a much lower grade.

4 comments:

Pig said...

Looks like your photographic mind came in handy again! :D

mozozozo said...

congrats :) so happy when i heard ur news :)

kevrlee said...

Hurray!!

Kevin Evans Tay said...

got spycam~!!

 

Free Blog Counter