Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend :)

My weekend had a icky-tasting start...

Tried out the Redoxon Blackcurrant flavour on Friday night... Put it into too much water...and it turned out looking like this:P Tasted like cheap, slightly gassy black-currant cordial drink diluted in too much water too. I'll try it again with less water this time...

On Saturday morning...
The orange-flavoured one tasted much, much better... but ok, I will reduce the amount of water used to dissolve the effervescent tablet next time.

There were stuff to do on Saturday morning and afternoon... we also had a meeting at church for some matters...
Before the meeting started... We arrived a little too early...
...and were bored...
Stopped at the Ban Chang kueh stall in front of Pulau Tikus Police Station after we were done with the meeting at church and lunch..

Very, very long wait...
Our ban chang kueh's finally. Thought they were a little too buttery for my liking. But, still, it's ban chang kueh. :) Me likey!

CG on Saturday night was really amazing. We had a new member today :) Great time of Bible study and worship. Prayed for one another after sharing, like we always do. Some of us went out for supper (ok, this was spontaneous) after CG - Matt, Ai Choo, KL, Ben and I. Loved the fellowship. Praise God.

Early Sunday morning, Ben and I had quite a bit of fun serving in the 1st service Sunday School as actor and actress for the various lessons of the day...

Ben played triple roles - You know the story of the good Samaritan? Well, he was the priest, then the Levite...and then lastly, the Samaritan... The kids probably enjoyed it even more than we did..

As for me, I was acting in another scene - as a bad, naughty girl who was going to copy her classmate (Aunty Soe Kit)'s answers in a class test. I think, I didn't have much problem with that - coz I admit, I have been a naughty girl myself back in school... committing the same 'crime'. Oh well, how great are the follies of my past... :P

Would definitely serve in Sunday School more often... I'm encouraged at how the children respond to the Bible stories. Some of them have even high-lighted their copies of the Bible. Amazing...

Ben, 'Behind-the-scenes'...
Went to a hawker's stall amongst the Free School flats for a quick breakfast in between 2 services ... (Was starving!!!)
Halfway through our breakfast, it started raining like nobody's business...But I thought it was exciting to sit under the umbrella...
While rain pitter-pattered around us...


Sunday evening, after a long day...

The best laksa I've tasted in Penang so far...somewhere in Paya Terubong... I can't remember the name of the hawker center... It was just a huge clearing with many food-stalls... (Rings a bell, Penangites?:P) The fish slices were in big, generous chunks, the noodles al'dente and again generous and the other toppings fresh. Plus, it was nicely spiced with cili padi... *Sweat* I came back home and headed straight to the bathroom thanks to the chillies. But, yeah it was definitely worth it.
Enjoyed this ban chang kueh more than the one we had from Pulau Tikus... I'm a great fan of crispy sides... and this one doesn't have quite as much butter as the former, so the nuts and corn don't get drowned in it. One word - YUM!
It was so good, that Ben ate 2.5 of it, after a full meal...
... and I ate 1.5 for dessert :)

On the whole, a beautiful weekend. Full of laughter, prayers and people. 2 geeky Moo-ments I had:

Scenario 1:
I was in Ben's place on Saturday morning, and his mum had placed 2 cups on the table, one of which I was to drink of it. I don't know why, but I was under the impression that it was honey that I was drinking... My brain got abit confused. It tasted pretty good, and I kept thinking, "Wow, honey!" Then, I exclaimed after I had finished the last drop, "This is the best honey I've ever tasted!!!"

Ben merely grinned at first... but later, he couldn't contain himself, laughed loudly and told me that it was fresh Chrysanthemum tea. Later, his parents got to know about it and laughed very, very hard.

Scenario 2:
I commented to Ben that I could see how much one of my friends resembled her mum. He didn't quite agree with me, and asked me to clarify. I told him, "Well, for one thing, I think her teeth looks like her mum's..."

Ben burst into laughter and screamed, "Her mum's teeth are fake lah. You know, dentures?"

Now every time I saw my friend's mum smile, I can't help laughing uncontrollably. :( And I feel really bad for doing so.

Sigh...

I've got classes the whole of this week for World Living Religions. And yipes...more homework!!!

2 comments:

mozozozo said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Pig said...

LOLx...hou yu ar!!

 

Free Blog Counter