Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday

Had dinner with a brother, Benjamin, at Coffee Island. Probably this is the last time we would ever get to meet up in a long while. He, like many of my immediate juniors, will be graduating from medical school this Sunday - as a doctor!

We sat, ate and chit-chatted for almost 3 hours. I felt that it was too short. But I had to go home already.

For one thing, I'm really thankful for Benjamin in my life - a dear friend and brother, who's always blessed me wherever he could, edified me in the Lord, encouraged me when I was struggling in my walk, and helped me to see God's big picture in clearer light. He has also been very supportive of my calling and my courtship. The last time we met up was in December 2008... It's been 6 months ever since, but what ALOT of things have happened. We've both been through our fires (I mean everyone does)... but this brother - he's been through so much more than just facing his final exams. Extreme trials. As I listened to him talk, gaping away, I'm so glad and touched how he has stood strong through it all, by the grace of God. His faith is truly a testimony to me. Bro, keep it up. All the best in medical work and whenever you get into the missions field.

Sobers me to think that I will be separating ways with more people soon. This year, I feel much sadder compared to last year. Saying goodbye to people like Edmond, Kean Yew, Yeh Han, etc last year was difficult - but I felt consoled that I still had the rest of my PMC comrades in Penang for an additional year. This year, 'the rest' are finally leaving too. *Sobs*

Allow me some sentimentalism...

Well, I'm glad and thankful that the Lord has given me many new friends, in the past year I've been in Penang. That helped me deal with some of the loneliness-es of being in a sort-of foreign land...

Also many new friends at MBTS...

Above (left to right): Ai Hua, me and Serena - courtesy of Ser...

2 comments:

Pig said...

I understand how that feels..parting with people that made up a chapter of your life... But they are never gone..so, don't be sad ya :)

BTW, is Ai Hua from Penang?

mozozozo said...

yeah...you have very good dear new friends from penang :) like the one writing the comment above me :P

 

Free Blog Counter