Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday

View of the sea from the college library...

Another long day of lectures today... Tomorrow's even longer - coz I have one full day of lectures at MBTS...then in the evening, I've got MLM training at church.

But, you know...one big difference between sitting through lectures at med school and lectures at the seminary - I go home drained after med sch. lectures... but not after seminary lectures, despite the information overload (almost). And I've never been so happy before to wake up in the mornings!

Contentedly ate my breakfast, drank coffee, and studied a bit this morning, before I drove myself to school.

I also keep forgetting that I'm not doing a Bachelor's degree this time - so when my lecturer said yesterday, "Masters students must write impressions on 2 books!" and many students in my class groaned, I happily and gleefully thought, "Ah, that doesn't apply to me..." until a classmate reminded me today that I too would have to hand up 2 written-impressions. @_@ Then I panicked a little, was in denial - and went straight up to my lecturer to confirm.

Guess what? I'll have to hand up two written impressions... Hallo....Wake up, Grace... wake up!

We had combined chapel this morning (it's just like any service - praise and worship in the beginning, then the speaker presents a sermon) ~ Combined chapel is attended by both Chinese Stream and English Stream students...so they have a translator. Today's speaker spoke in Mandarin... so someone translated sentence by sentence to English. The thing about bi-lingual services like that - I'm pretty thankful that I can at least understand quite alot of Mandarin. When the sentences were directly translated to English, I don't know about the others - but the sermon kinda lost its impact on me. Thank God, it started to make sense toward the end.

We're currently chugging through church history, history of missions and evangelism, world religion, and etc.

Anyway....

Let's talk about something not seminary-related.

My exercise - not good. I've not been exercising since the Langkawi Trip... haha. And I'm feeling sluggish already.

Kapitan's - Ben drove down from Sg. Ara and brought me out to Kapitan's (North Indian food) in town yesterday evening (before he went to church for MEC meeting). We had really good tandoori chicken with garlic naan bread... and chicken briyani. However, we still prefer the food at the Kapitan's opposite Queensbay Mall. It brought me much comfort to see him after a long day at school. Somehow, one funny feeling I've been getting so far - since I started out at MBTS... I feel kinda isolated from everyone else. Probably because I'm all the way in Batu Feringghi (which still feels like a new world to me), and probably because I'm still not used to my surroundings yet. Or my classmates. Or the idea of eating lunch with strangers... :P Well, I do hope I'll know them as friends soon.

Anyway, before Ben left for church, he introduced me to a cheap but yummylicious brand of bubble gum from the convenience store in my block! :)

Laundry - Ok, Pig knows that I'm obsessed with this, especially on Thursday nights :P ~ But I guess I'll have to start doing my laundry on Wednesday nights instead... coz we will have final exams every Friday - and I think I'd better spend Thursday nights studying instead of squatting in the bathroom, hand-washing my clothes! LOL!

Spilt perfume - I don't know what is it with my recent clumsiness with perfume bottles! (I am a big fan of nice-smelling stuff btw) I spilt perfume in my bedroom again this morning...and now the whole room reeks of the floral scent!

New pencil-bag - will buy one for myself this weekend - or curi one from someone. The need to carry pens and high-lighters in a neat case is finally back!

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter