Thursday, June 18, 2009

Goodbye, 3rd Uncle... for a while...

3rd Uncle passed away yesterday, from septicaemia, secondary to severe cholecystitis... I'm quite sad about it, but nevertheless, we are all rejoicing because we know that we will see him again in heaven someday - free of all pain and sickness.

Called my aunt today, and was very encouraged to hear her faith-filled voice at the other end of the line. According to my aunt, he died in great peace. His wife and children 'sent him off', singing songs of praise and worship beside his hospital bed, and even though he was unconscious, he clearly responded. I think it must have filled his dear heart with joy and peace, knowing that he would meet our Lord soon. In time, his face lined with pain relaxed... and he dropped into a fitful 'sleep'. I am also glad that my non-Christian relatives had the opportunity to hear the gospel being preached at his memorial service. I believe in faith that God's seed has been planted in each heart.

Although my uncle was a relatively 'young' Christian having accepted Christ just over a year ago, his life is indeed a testimony for the Lord. I remember him as a rather proud man once, hardened against Christianity, but somehow, God turned his heart of stone into flesh - and he invited Jesus into his life. And he shone. My aunt tells me what a changed man our 3rd uncle has been, eversince. All glory and praise unto the Lord! :)

Till we meet again, san ee zhang...

6 comments:

Matthew Wong said...

Yea, we await for the day of gathering in front of the throne of the Lamb of God.

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Amen, Matthew! :)

Pig said...

It's comforting knowing that the "one day" will come in His time. I yearn for that day where my family members will come to know Him. I truly yearn for that change..

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Yeah, I know what u mean, Pig... Well, we can keep praying and living out our lives as witnesses...That speaks more than words... I really desire that my other relatives would come to know Him too...

tairvlyn said...

our deepest condolences to you on the passing of your 3rd uncle.
at the same time, we rejoice to hear that he was baptised.....

same here, i too really desire that all my other relatives will come to know Him too...

kevrlee said...

my condolences... zoey told me about ur uncle's condition earlier this week.. anyways ive already been praying tat your entire family are comforted by God .. :')

 

Free Blog Counter