Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday

Some weekend pictures...

Church-grounds on bright and sunny Saturday...
While driving to church that day, we spotted a HUGE hair-raising, toxic-looking spider climbing up Ben's side-window, which disappeared somewhere...so there he was trying to jolok around with a stick, to see if the spider was hiding anywhere in the car...Didn't find anything btw.
Yummy beef noodles at Lebuh Chulia (I think at the cross-roads of Beach Street and Lebuh Chulia) - it was so delicious, that I almost wished that I could have another bowl of it, even after finishing my 'Large'-sized order. What I liked about it the most was the soup. It was neither too salty or oily, with the right amount of beefy taste in it. The beef which came in 3 forms - lean fillet meat, tender bony meat and meat balls - went very well with the noodles (yellow mee and kuey-teow), shallots, spring onion bits and fresh bean-sprouts. Love it that they didn't over-cook the meat. The only thing I did not like about it was the crispy bits of fried pork skin swimming in the soup, haha. I think it's an acquired taste - I never liked fried pork skin anyway.
Ben and I waiting for our heavenly beef noodles to arrive at our table.
The shop was facing a busy junction, and we had a ball of a time trying to snap pictures of the passing cars, while waiting for our food to arrive. Haha.


Major decisions to make this week and the next about financing my studies at the seminary the coming terms. Brothers and sisters, do pray for me that I would act prayerfully and make God-inspired choices. I know I don't exactly share much about the issue on my blog, because I don't feel like I ought to at the moment, but I would really appreciate prayers. Need to hear ONE voice right now - the Spirit-conviction upon my heart. Life is being very challenging at the moment... Nevertheless, it's an exciting adventure that I'd never want to miss-out on!

This morning, I drove past the sea - and the sky was so marvellous with the mountains in the back-ground that I just had to take a picture of it! Look at the grand spread of clouds - can anyone imagine them to be merely made up of condensed water vapour, which then break up again into a concert of raindrops to water the earth?

Met up with Rachel this morning for breakfast and coffee, since she only starts work in the afternoon today. Thank God for a nice-shaded parking lot for my car, right in front of the place we were going to meet-up! It was such a beautiful morning of prayer, sharing and exhorting one another, despite our burdens. We visited the Baptist Bookstore in Pulau Tikus after breakfast. I was intrigued by some of the books, and nearly bought them - but Rachel (who also happens to be my personal library btw) caught me just in time, and told me that she would lend them to me instead. Here's to more Tozer and Elliot books on my book-shelf soon! :D

Back problems again. It hurts to arch my back, bend forward, or sit down for too long. Then occasionally, there are muscular spasms from the lower back to the gluteus maximus. I feel ...old... :P I'm trying to watch my posture. Ben suggested going to the doctor's and physiotherapy again - and I shuddered at the thought. I'll see if more swimming helps. Swam a short 1 km yesterday morning, after a long break from the pool - and felt pretty good and pretty at home in the familiar drags of water all around. I know this will sound corny - but I felt FREE!:) Will gradually increase my distance back to 2 km, when my stamina resumes. Think I will avoid all exercises that tense my back for the moment - till the pain subsides.

Gotta go and get some work done now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're doing seminary? that's awesome...my dad wants me to go to seminary school, but I wanna go to uni first!
I def have you in my prayers...jia you! (but not by your own strength, but in God's :-))

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Yeah I am!!!:) Would definitely appreciate prayers!! Thanks, Sophia!

 

Free Blog Counter