Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday and a praise report


Today's a really wet and busy day.

Lotsa work to finish up before I go on leave tomorrow. Notice-board stuff, info-counter, Indah Water, print Sunday church bulletins, prepare for Alpha, cash-vouchers for Uncle GC, and make appointments with aunty-aunty sekalian for next week's communion visitations.

An article to write.

Laundry to do and blow dry. *Huff, puff*

Pack for the KL trip. (Grace, please remember to put your bus-tickets into your bag!) KL, here I come! (Will be back on Saturday) Haven't even unpacked my bag properly from the weekend:P Pardon my laziness... Gosh, oh well... at least, it will save me the trouble of reorganizing it.

Hehe, is that a good enough excuse for procrastination?:P

Last but not least, MLM class at church tonight...


Anyway, here's a praise report. Ben's leg is healing miraculously quickly! Today he's walking at close to normal walking speed!:) That's really quick for a badly sprained ankle, which the doctor said that he would take weeks to recover from. In fact, the doctor told Ben to take MC for one week - which he declined. It's only been 4 days since that day! He was off his crutches on Monday - and the deep cuts on his soles had healed - he could hardly see the wounds or feel any pain. Tuesday, he was able to go to the gym to lift weights.

And today...his condition is improving rapidly. Talk about a resurrected ankle...

It was funny indeed. I've not shared it, but I will share it here. On Saturday night, I lay alone at night praying for Ben and about the heavy guilt upon my heart. And out of nowhere, the story of how Christ rose from His grave in 3 days kept coming to mind. There was this funny impression upon my heart out of my depression, that the Lord would 'raise Ben up' in 3 days! While it did seem bizzarre that it could happen (I've sprained my wrist before, falling down the bunk-bed during our Kubang Pasu public health posting in 2007, and I did not use it for 2 weeks at least - Ben definitely fell from a greater height than I did), I decided that I would believe that God could do the impossible and pray in faith that Ben would be healed and walking in 3 days.

And golly, it did happen! I'm shocked myself to see the progression.

We don't understand how and why...but God works in mysterious ways indeed. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord!

To all who've been praying for him, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

4 comments:

Pig said...

Eh..didnt know you're going home. Must be the dinner eh? have a safe trip & a good time with your family.

Looks like Ben's ankle sprained and rose again :P Praise God for seeing him through the recovery :)

Oh...don forget to pack your bus tickets!! :P Put into your wallet now la.. :)

tairvlyn said...

have a safe & blessed trip back home to KL! :)

kevrlee said...

what an intercession! :D

praise God ur bf's ok again :)

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Pig: Yeah, it's the wedding!:) The one for which I have no dress... I found something cool to wear though. Will show u the pics when im back.. If I take pics tht is.

Tairvlyn: Thanks!!:)

Kev: Yeah, praise the Lord! May we never under-estimate the power of prayer.

 

Free Blog Counter