Thursday, April 30, 2009

Some seminary stuff...

Nothing like sipping warm fruit tea before bed...

I'd read a book too, but it would probably get me too worked up to fall asleep, and while I'm going on leave tomorrow, I still need to wake up early for a pre-registration day at MBTS at 10am plus. Pre-registration is when you choose all the credits you want to take for the new term ahead, fill up a form to indicate which credits you'll be taking and submit the form. Probably talk to Pst OKB too about church attachments for field training.

Tomorrow, I'll also 'test-drive' how long it takes to reach the seminary from my place. The last time I did, it took me half-an-hour. Since I can't picture myself driving half-an-hour to school every morning yet - and having to wake up super-duper early just to skip the morning traffic, I'd like to see if I could take a short-cut and save time and petrol and thus, $.

Hehe, what excitement!

I have a sneaky suspicion that I've become a lil' bit more kiamsiap lately. Nowadays, I feel more guilty spending too.

Anyway, I'll be going off to the Sg. Nibung Bus-station in the afternoon to take a bus home.

My pastor pointed out that I still have one more day of annual leave left of this year (I thought I had used them all up) - hehe. I grinned like mad when he told me that, clapped my hands and said "Yaaay!" without thinking. Paiseh. I'm also so grateful he let me go to the WAM Retreat without having to take an extra day of leave for it.

Talking 'bout holidays, I've got one more confession to make. Today, I finally saw my school schedule for the next 2 terms of year 2009 - and me being me, my eyes - first of all, straightaway scanned it for term breaks... :P Hehe. Ok, don't get me wrong. I'm excited for school. But I can't help getting excited about the hols too. Even though post-graduate studies don't give quite as many hols as I had back in under-grad studies, the number of days I get off still seem luxurious to me - compared to the 8 days of annual leave I had the whole of last year (2008/2009) at TMC. And I haven't even begun counting.

That is not wrong, is it? To be so happy bout the hols?

Bumped into 2 old friends today - that got me so overjoyed. 1. Yew Kong from FES, who stopped at Trinity's office to meet Pst. Woo in the afternoon. 2. Pst. Jonathan Lim from ECF Penang, who came for the MLM class tonight.

It felt really good. I've really missed them. I think it must feel so much more awesome, to go up to heaven when our days on earth expire - and meet our loved ones and friends again - those who've gone before us. And what could feel greater than meeting the fore-runner Himself, our Lord Jesus Christ - who's gone before all to prepare places for us in the heavenly realms? Would it bring me to sobs to touch those nail-pierced hands for myself? I can only imagine...

Love this song by MercyMe that we can only sing now, while we've not gone Home... coz when we're there, we won't need to imagine anymore.

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me
I can only imagine

I can only imagine

CHORUS:
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine

I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you

I can only imagine...

3 comments:

kevrlee said...

holidays = the best thing in life..

literally.. haha :P

hey all the best choosing the credits for your course! i cant wait to start mine next june too ;)

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Kev, u are starting school where?:)

kevrlee said...

hmm.. im thinking of Alliance Graduate School ... or the Asia-Pacific Nazarene Theological Seminary... (both are in the Philippines since i'm stuck in here -__-)

 

Free Blog Counter