Monday, April 13, 2009

The Monday after Easter

It has been a busy weekend indeed.

I fell a little sick. Had diarrhoea the whole weekend (at first I thought that it was a hormonal issue - but later, it turned out to be not), sore-throat and ulcers. Then my whole body seems to be aching away, although I've not done any exercise for a few days already. Hehe, then I wondered if it was due to over-consumption of Mcd's. *embarrassed grin* Seriously, the day I promised myself not to eat anything else from Mcd's, my dear boyfriend decided to buy me a vanilla-choc-top cone from Mcd's (after Good Friday service) ...and how could I resist?:P

*giving the most wai sik look* Yummmmmmy...

Diarrhoea was pretty troublesome (and not to mention embarrassing). I meant to keep very quiet about it, because knowing my boyfriend's parents, they'd get pretty worried, and I was very afraid of all the attention it would draw:P But last night, while I was having dinner at Ben's house, I had to halfway rush to the bathrooms...then when I came back to the table after having spent a long while away, his parents were watching the telly in the living room - and looking at me with the most sympathetic smiles on their faces. Then his mum went something like, "Boleh makan ke?" LOLx. I nodded vigorously and red-faced, being very paiseh - then caught sight of a whole box of po chai yun (Chinese trad herbal medicine for diarrhoea and stomach-ache) on the dining table... and Ben grinning at me. Sigh.

Hehe. Needless to say, I had the po chai yun after dinner. We went to Giant Hypermarket after dinner, and I didn't even make any trips to the loo til' I came back home! Cool! Diarrhoea seems to be a little better today. Praise the Lord.

Despite all that, I think Easter really refreshed me. Remembering what Jesus has done on the cross for me, the victory He's won over death, etc. Being in the choir ministry at church, having to go for practices and singing the victorious lyrics of Easter choral pieces on Easter Day. How reassuring!

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter