Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Holiday Mood...

I want to go on a long holiday.

Go sight-seeing, take pictures, eat weird local food, etc, etc... Take a long break. Retreat, reflect on my walk with the Lord, rest and relax, sleep (ok, I know... I already sleep alot anyway - what could be more?:P ~ I suspect I'm still suffering from 5 years of sleep debt!), etc...

I mean LONG BREAK. I've not had one the whole of last year. I started working 2 weeks after graduation, after 6 months of strict brain saturation, very little beauty sleep, zombifying in the mornings, dragging my feet around the PGH wards (literally), hibernating in my dim room with its faked out lights and depending solely on a table-lamp for illumination, spending nights at Mc-donald's with one very sacrificial person (guess who??) who didn't mind sitting with me so that I could study till the wee hours in the morning (faciliated by caffeinated drinks) and not fall asleep until I had gotten my work done, emotional roller-coastering, loads of decisions to make, etc... You name it. The months that remained of year 2008 were filled with even more challenges.

My oh my...last year sure felt long. *Peers at eye-bags and shakes head*

Just met up with one of my juniors from PMC recently... Now, I've not seen her since July 2008... And she thinks I've changed (and aged)... My voice has changed too. (I just hope that it doesn't mean that I sound like an old woman - coz it's even lower than it used to be). Bleargh.

How encouraging.

Anyways, I digressed. Now that's over, I'd like to go to a place - where there's mountains, beaches, country-side and city combined. There must be good food, nice people, interesting places to visit...and it must not cost too much - coz I'm really on a tight budget. Haha. Anyone knows of such a place?

Choir practice tonight. Why do I feel that my voice is kaputing?

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter