Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Post choir-practice

Choir practice - exhausting! The new song was weird. It's such a beautiful song... but the alto's part has got notes jumping in weird intervals, that it was so tricky to sing - and we had to repeat it again and again.

My voice is kaputed. A cough's started up - and my airways feel a little tight and inflamed. Gah. Good thing no wheezing.

Was reading some of my blog entries (back in my Xanga blog) which I put in a year ago. Sobered me up quite a bit. I like my blog entry on 29/2/2008, which goes:

'I can only look upon the once broken fragments of my life - and marvel at their seamless articulates I never thought possible. Contentment in God is a beautiful gift we can choose to own. It makes one thankful for the way he is today, and yet - deep down within, he knows, in faith, that there are so many even greater things in store! Unimaginable, undreamable, and almost unbelievable in the present. And yet, God had already mapped out the course of the most phenomenal things from the very beginning - even before any of our days came to be. Being 'sound asleep' and still in the will of God is a good thing. One is unconcerned of tomorrows, undistracted to adore the Lord, and the wait is sweet - because he knows that God does not withold good things from us. Great is the peace He gives to those who have learnt to rely on His faithfulness. God, make me content!

O children of God, seek Him first above all things! Revere Him. Love Him with all your hearts, minds and strength! It breaks my heart each time anyone says, "I was too busy, so I stopped going to church." Or similarly, "Exams are coming. I stopped going to church." Why do we pursue the worldly games of gain and give ourselves to toiling in vain for things that are not permanent? Work if you must. Study if you must. Do well in your exams. If you have a family, bring up your children excellently, serve your spouse. Give your best. Be excellent by all means, in whatever field. But, let not all these cares, concerns and the pursuit of excellence steal away our zeal for God, and our discernment for His calling upon our lives! Where is the gladness and amazement we once possessed, when He first revealed Himself to us? Let us not forget. May we not lose the wonder.

I'm growing to love my walk with God more and more. My prayer would be that He would give me the diligence and faithfulness to put Him first, before everything else - despite my busyness and how caught up I am with work, relationships, ministry, etc. In season and out season. May I be consumed in the pursuit of the Lord. This is the fuel for Your flame, O Lord. I gladly burn.

This is my heart...

Be enthroned within

This is my soul...

Lord, break me in

This is my hand...

Fill it that I can give

This is my life...

For You alone I live

These are my dreams...

Yet greater things are in store

This is Your heart...

Let me know it more."

2 comments:

monsterkeon said...

one day when i grow up i wan 2b able to write(type/blog) like you

Grace-Melody Moo said...

haha. Ok, fai dit jiong dai, ok!!!:)

 

Free Blog Counter