Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday...16/2/2009

Had a lazy Monday so far... and I'm typing this before I go out for lunch with Aunty Lilin.

Yesterday was a long day at church for me. I was so exhausted by the end, (we had to make one of our customary trips to Mini Taman Negara too!) that I was very glad to come home to fried rice with eggs, chillies slivers, garlic, and lup-cheong. (Ok, I don't know why, but I'm one big fan of lup-cheong a.k.a Chinese waxed sausages. As they are unhealthy, I try not to indulge in them too often! The fried rice too).

After dinner, we had a walk in Giant Hypermarket before home. Although it isn't very posh in there, I just enjoyed my little shopping trip. There was a warehouse sales of toiletries going on, and it was fun looking at the merchandises and snapping up good buys. Things were selling like hot-cakes. I think sometimes people demand too much (i.e. they would much prefer shopping at places like Queensbay, Gurney Plaza... or MVMM, Gardens, 1-utama and KLCC in KL - because branded stuff are a-plenty, the amenities are great, the fashion sense is much better, everything's in one place, and you get so many more things to look at). I was somewhat like that too. Not that I don't go to those places anymore - but nowadays, I'm learning to be contented with the less-fancy as well. I'm discovering the unmatched joy of window shopping at places like Carrefour, Tesco's, Giant Hypermarket or Sunshine square as well. I'm fascinated by how, if you look hard enough, you can get really good quality buys and stuff which you can creatively improvise so that it has multi-functions and looks cool! I mean, it offers so much other than food and toiletries! Furniture, clothes, kitchen-ware, car accessories, hardware, etc. Plus, you save alot of cash too - what with the many promotions.

Thank God for the hypermarkets!

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter