Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day

Valentines Day came and went. It was a day for me to remember my friends and loved ones. I thank God for everyone of them. Amazing, amazing people.

Instead of buying one another gifts for Valentines' and doing the commercial stuff (Don't have to wait til' Valentines' Day to show love or buy pressies for one another right?), Ben and I randomly went on one of our half-day road trips (had to be at church in the morning) around Penang island. We drove along Batu Ferringhi, Teluk Bahang...then round the Balik Pulau area, just to be close to nature and to enjoy one another's company after the long week.

Really enjoyed ourselves, we did. It felt like an adventure all right. I mean, I've done it before, a few times... but to do it with someone who admires nature as much as I do, it was cool! The sound of the bugs whistling in the jungles (along side the road), the fresh smell of trees and nutmeg, the chirping of birds, etc. It was magical!


Took a nice drive through curving roads...
Our first stop was at the Teluk Bahang dam! I was so excited admiring the view, that I did not mind that the sun was scorching hot (even with the umbrella!). The sight of the water made me feel like diving in for a swim.

The distance we walked... (see the jetty thingy)
moi! Shiny with perspiration...
Poor guy ...got blisters on his feet from all the walking. Above: Ben and his torturous shoe
Exhausted.

Then since we were withering in the heat, we went up to the fruit farm for fresh fruit juice...
Ben and his watermelon juice...
Me and my fruit punch. Basically they mix 5 juices together. Super yummy!:) I was distracted while they made my juice...so I didn't really watch what went in. I only saw the last of the man (who made the juice) slipping in a generous slice of honey-dew. And I think he dropped in half a guava too... Hehe.
There you go! No colouring or preservatives...
The fruit market...

After the fruit farm, we carried on our journey... Drove through some old villages, where the houses are either wooden and on stilts or simple concrete ones. What a simple life the people there live! The kids were cycling on the road, we came across tiny mosques, petrol stations and shops... It was really fun!
Again..me. Pardon the geeky look. I had run out of formal clothes to wear in the morning for church...
Dried leaves, and bits of green grass on the ground. Shows you how hot and dry Penang has been in the past month, doesn't it?

Since I was really craving the swim (you've got no idea how hot it was!), we went swimming in the evening after prayers... Then we had cell group. Only got to eat our dinner at 11 something pm...

Attack!!!

It has been indeed a wonderful day.

5 comments:

L said...

is this kayu nasi kandar near vistana hotel there?seems familiar la,btw,valentine day so nice meh?is also just another day,haha,mayb for single 1 la,hahaha

Anonymous said...

Waa..poor Ben with Blister! You should have offered him your pinky Crocs :P

BTW, I was at Kayu at 1.30am to 3am on V-day wf ex! haha

My entire V-day was just work, work and work. I'm beginning to conclude that I love work more :-S

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Yes, it's Kayu all right!!!:D

L said...

haha,i can recognize the background,cz is really near my place nia....hehe

Anonymous said...

ben and grace looks very compatible...very chan la...


Kean Yew

 

Free Blog Counter