Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A series of unfortunate events...

*BIG SIGH*.

Today has been just weird. Feels like I got up on the wrong side of my bed.

First of all, I've been having terrible water retention for the past 2-3 days. My face is round like bah chang (the rice dumpling), I feel heavy and tired, and golly-schmolly, and even the passport photo I took over the weekend - I can't believe that the girl in the picture is me! I've been taking EPO for the past month - if these were to be PMS-symptoms, would the EPO not have relieved them?:P (Note: EPO = evening primrose oil)

ARGH.

Secondly, I got road-bullied by a lorry this morning, on the way to work. Ok, it was a huge lorry. A big truck to be exact. You know how la. They take up so much space on the road and move so ultra slowly, then the first opportunity you get, you overtake. I overtook the truck...then cut in front of it later. And somehow, the driver seemed pretty mad I did that. He hooted at me, then later, while I was driving at quite a top speed, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the truck driving at top speed past me. Did a double-take. WHOA! I mean, for one thing, he was driving super-duper slowly just now...and why would he want to do that?!? All of a sudden, he cut right in front of me...and the driver poked his head out of his window to look at me. I tried not to look back at him. Good thing, the traffic piled up, and both the truck and my car got separated. This incident left me rather shaken.

Then thirdly, my poor baby got hit!

This happened in Tesco's carpark. The glass covering for my right signal light, and the tinier one at the bottom was smashed. Then the paint was badly scraped in that front right corner, with miniature dents and something amiss with the alignment. *Gasp* Must have been due to a vehicle brushing past furiously. After some frantic calls to my dad back in KL, I went to get my lights fixed. (Not enough cash for the paint and dent repairs) Thankfully I remember a mechanic Ben drove his car to once, so I drove to Jalan P.Ramlee to get the spare-parts replaced.

The results:

Car looks better...just perhaps a little sad and bruised (although my dad insists that my car still is cheerful and well, and eager to serve). I'm thankful that nothing else broke, save my heart. My conclusion is: Proton Wira cars are quite hardy. *Big thumbs up!*

Has this got anything to do with me having to hand in all my application forms and documents to the seminary today?

2 comments:

L said...

tmr will be a better day,cheer up!

monsterkeon said...

aw sorry to hear bout ur car, but most important is nothing happened to u!

 

Free Blog Counter