Thursday, February 19, 2009

Choir practice

Changed my pillowcases, bedsheets, duvet cover, etc... and now, I'm sitting down with a running nose (I cannot tolerate dust!), sipping a cup of hot tea.

Had choir practice tonight... Which cheered me up loads. There's something about being there on Wednesday nights.

First of all, I love choir ministry because it's something totally different from CMC. And I don't have to do anything but read music scores and sing.

Secondly, the people are cute.

The uncles in the back row (who are the basses) make the most noise. They love poking fun at anything or anyone that catches their fancy. They groan and moan whenever Angeline, our choir director, makes us repeat our parts over and over again.

The aunties in front (the sopranoes) are quite obedient people. They present the main melody and message of each song. I don't remember if they've ever complained - perhaps they have but they seldom do. They love their pre- and post-choir chit-chats. I'm grateful that they do include me in their chit-chats whenever I look interested. They are quite a caring lot, I must say. And of course, the uncles sometimes do get their share of fun poking fun at the aunties.

The tenors and altoes consist of a younger generation of people.

Tenors, the men who sing a higher range of notes than the basses are always looking out for one another on their team - quite a united bunch. They are always happy and thankful whenever more of their members turn up for practices, and go, "There! Here comes our reinforcement!"

Last but not least, we have the altoes, who sit in between the bass uncles and tenors at the back row(s) and the soprano aunties. Pig and I belong to this group. It has been really fun!

Can't believe it - but I've been on the choir for a year already! How time flies!

My first church presentation with the choir last year was during Easter. I was the pianist then. Somehow, the songs still move me as much as they did last year. Whenever I hear them, I feel a deep sense of nolstalgia - because of the memories they stir up:) - My med and surg rotation. My close friends, Esther and Lucas (classmates and churchmates - Luk was in the choir too); we've parted ways after graduation. The dilemma with housemanship. The 'Sengoi Incident' (too personal to share). Last but not least - Ben... and his canggih black-rimmed glasses. (Don't tell him I wrote this - but I do think he looks so much better with his current pair).

Sigh. It's been a year. Can you imagine? One whole year.

A year ago...

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter