Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

I lived today in many thoughts.

The people I know and love. The trials some are facing. Those ill with cancer. Those broken and contrite in heart. Some of whom I have no idea how to comfort, even while I struggle with my own sorrow of watching them in their agony and pain. It's one thing to tell them to trust in God - but I have failed, many times, in my own busyness - to just sit beside these and hold their hands. God, forgive me. Help me remember that I can still do something - pray.

My family. Imperfect in many ways, and yet, the joy of being together and being involved in each other's life. My dad - practical and yet caring. My late mum - every sacrifice she made, that drew me even as a child, to one day do the same for my own children as a mother. My sister - we've been close friends as kids, and now that we've both grown up - confidantes. I thank God for a family where love abounds. True, we've never travelled to many places in the world as a family, nor have we spent much time together since I left home. But, I still think of them every now and then - and the tears would fall... as they are falling. I miss home indeed.

My teenage years, which I've left far behind. The people who impacted me the most. My teachers. A pastor's daughter who was my classmate in high school. Some of the people in the school LEO Club back then, who've risen up as State MP's in Selangor.

The day I met tailo KY. He made fun of me and I was very annoyed I landed in the same public health group as him. Thought he was terrible. Later, as God had it, we became the closest friends and partners in ministry. I have not heard from him for a long time now, since he started working in Ipoh Gen. Hospital. Well, it's the same for many of my college friends who have started their housemanship. I realized recently, that perhaps, we've all moved on from our cross-roads. I've grown accustomed to having a new bunch of friends.

My churchmates. My leaders. My pastor. Penang. Ben.

Etc...

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter