Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

My weekend was great. A summary of it all...

Friday night -
went out mamaking with bf's old pals...

Saturday -
I had a free morning... Went shopping in Giant Hypermarket with bf and his mum in the afternoon. Cell group meeting in the evening. It was held in our CG leaders' home. Had a great time. Bible study, sharing and prayer...was followed by our order-in Mc'donald's dinner/supper. Then the 6 of us settled down to a game of Cluedo! It was way past midnight when we got home...but it had been so much fun.

Sunday -
Church duties, church... then bf and I had to go over to check-out a church-member's house he's been care-taking for the past many, many months - since the aunty and uncle went overseas for work. Those who've been reading my blog even from my Xanga-blog days - this is the same old mini 'Taman Negara' I was talking about... what with the garden teeming with plants, creepy-crawlies and etc, etc. *shudders to self*

Anyway, it is my bf who usually tidies up the garden, waters the plants, gets the grass cut once in a while, unclogs the drains, etc. However, upon arrival that day, we discovered snake-skins lurking around the house!!! Which meant our serpentine friend (now bigger and meaner) could potentially be hanging out in the garden! In the bushes or something. *Gulp!* We dared not move around too much til' our regular grass-cutter, Mr. A came to help clear the garden. Thankfully, the serpent was nowhere to be found (yet). As for me, I got attacked by the hungry mozzies... and now, there are red, itchy splotches all over my legs.

Dined with my bf's family in the evening.

Monday (today) -
Travelled home by bus. Visited ta ee (first aunt) and er ee (second aunt). Then I dined with the rest of my relatives in the evening. It was a good Chinese New Year reunion. I haven't seen everyone for more than a year. The kids have grown up a little more - it is such joy to hear them chattering in real words now, instead of baby language.

I'm glad and thankful for today. For the first time, I had the peace in my heart to share with all my relatives my plans for the future, and what I'd be doing with my life... It must have been from the Lord. I am certainly thankful that I did not do it earlier. The positive reactions from my relatives amazed me - I've definitely expected more questions and resistance. I've rehearsed in my mind, all the answers I would give for such - over and over again. (In English, Cantonese and Mandarin, haha.) But this? How encouraged I am. Things are definitely falling into place - and it feels wonderful, that peace deep down in my heart - knowing that I am in the center of God's will. I don't want to be anywhere else.

At this moment in time, I am remembering many things. The very beginning, when I felt the call of the Lord upon my life. Med school. Christian fellowship. The moments of anguish and yet peace. The things I've lost perhaps forever, and yet the many more blessings I've received in their place. The people who've touched my life in so many ways, throughout the seasons... some of whom I won't see again til' I walk past the pearly Gates of Splendour, and arrive at my eternal Home. The places I've been broken, and yet the miraculous healing touch of the Lord binding up all wounds and bringing life out of messed up things. The tears I've cried, and yet the laughter God brought me out of even the most impossible circumstances.

Cyn, Laura, Jia, Ji, Yvonne, Tamryn, Maeve, Mich, Cheryll, Mark, Johann, Belle, Cindy Ryan, Pastors Ray and Claudine Shiels, Pastors Paul and Debbie Brazil, Pastors Jojo and Ida Henson, Dave, Kean Yew, Edmond, Benjamin, Han, Josh, Ee Ling, Rachel Chan, Daniel, my CG members, my dear boyfriend, my beloved family and many others. Thank you for your constant prayers, encouragement and loving support throughout the years.

I feel somehow that there is no life fuller, richer and more meaningful than one that abides in Jesus.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter