Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tuesday - Day of trials...

Relatives came to visit us today. I was exhausted. Napped for 3 hours in the evening.

Dead tired and a little anaemic. I think it's also because I have PMT. (which isn't PMS btw!) I'll let you figure out yourselves what it means.

Unexpected stuff came up later in the day that brought much discouragement. I was thankful that the Lord gave the two closest people to me much love, acceptance and patience to listen, understand and say words that brought life and strength again. Even whilst one of them was all the way back in Penang. *Sob, sob*

I don't care much when others don't understand why I do things the way I do, disagree or judge me for the way I live my life. I mean, it would affect me a bit, but I'd just brush these aside - knowing fully well that they don't really know me or anything of what I've gone through anyway. But when those who really matter to you misunderstand and do such things - and I mean those whose support would count the most in your time of greatest need, it shakes your insides out and cuts really deep. And I go through a hell of a time recovering from it. (One of the things I dread facing and struggle with the most whenever I have to go back to KL.)

In fact, sometimes I do dread KL in a sense.

Strangely though, today I still felt the joy and peace of the Lord when it all happened. I mean, Jesus never said being a Christian would be easy. Persecution - it does not come on easy, but it does stretch your faith, it tests your heart, and as a result it makes you more passionate 'bout your stand for Him. It's always beautiful, at the end of every humbling moment, to remember that God is still in full control.

Indeed, His grace is sufficient for me.

Today, despite all... I felt, has been a blessed day all together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugggsss* :)

Anonymous said...

Persecution - it does not come on easy, but it does stretch your faith, it tests your heart, and as a result it makes you more passionate 'bout your stand for Him. It's always beautiful, at the end of every humbling moment, to remember that God is still in full control.

Indeed, His grace is sufficient for me.

Grace, beautifully written!!! I love it :)

 

Free Blog Counter