Thursday, April 21, 2011

Maundy Thursday

Thus began Christ's journey from Gethsamane to Golgotha more than two thousand years ago.

I have been a Christian for the past 10 years. Before that, I often wondered what Good Friday and Easter were all about. Parties, chocolate, easter eggs and bunnies?

Obviously not.

I guess some of you, Malaysians know Shila's beautiful song - "Memori Tercipta". Somehow, when I listened to it today, it brought out a different meaning for me all together - even though this wasn't the original reason the song was written. I found myself standing in the shoes (or rather hung up by the cruel nails) of one of the two criminals crucified next to the Savior of the world. No, not the mocking one. The other one.

Having experienced a touch of God's grace through Christ and having heard the beautiful words, pregnant with hope - "Truly I tell you, today you will be with Me in Paradise" (Luke 23:43)... oh, could it be that the words of this song echoes the final yet grateful beats of his heart as it was laid to rest?

Bergetar jiwa di persada bercahaya...
Pertemuan harapan pertama kalinya
Bergetar jiwa menghadapi mimpi-mimpi
Sukar dipercaya pintunya terbuka..

Di sini jua memori tercipta...
Walau seketika terjalin kasih kita
Mungkin di sini kita kan terpisah..
Kenangan bersama tiada ku lupa...

Mengalun suara sesuri bisikan hati
Seiringan mencari haluan berseni
Bergetar jiwa menghadapi mimpi-mimpi
Tiada ku terduga pintunya terbuka...

Yang terpahit juga termanis
Semuanya bagiku terindah
Ku ingati buat selama-lamanya

Mungkin di sini kita kan terpisah
Kenangan bersama...x3
Tiada kulupa...

Sorry - to those who do not understand Malay, I don't have time to translate the lyrics to English. (If anyone else will be so kind to translate the song into English for the sake of my non-Malaysian readers, I'd be so grateful!) You can still listen to the song by clicking on HERE.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter