Thursday, January 27, 2011

Weighing options

Making life decisions is not an easy thing to do. We feel so... responsible. I don't know about y'all, but weighing options pierces my soul with much unsettledness and stirs up an inner turmoil of emotions. But beginning with an end in mind, we realize that even our best efforts today bear mediocre fruits, unless God intervenes. Therefore ~ yes, we still need to choose - as wisely as possible if I may add. We might well mess up (coz we are fully capable of doing so). But ultimately, God is sovereign and love. And the Great Shepherd mercifully leadeth His sheep unto His abundant pastures.

One thing about marriage which I am fast learning is: it is no longer about me and myself alone when it comes to making decisions - whether day-to-day or mega ones. Taking my now-not-imaginary spouse (and future kids, haha) into consideration when I weigh my options is something that takes alot of practice. I used to think that it would be cumbersome. Ai Hua always says that I am a strong-headed, independent woman. It is true. I am one who takes great delight in hankering after adventures, trying new things and going on journeys with no specific destination in mind - all by myself. However, walking in my own pair of heels today - as a bride-to-be and Ben's wife-in-the-making - it is so totally worth it, even if it means dying to myself often.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter