Thursday, January 13, 2011

Twelve most important things/events to me in year 2010

Some late-bloomer I am. Nevertheless, to pace and brace myself for what this year will bring, I was inspired by Pst. Richard to reflect on the twelve most important things to me in year 2010... So here goes my list - from the most recent - back...

1. CHRISTMAS 2010


This year's Christmas was meaningful to me because I felt very challenged to recommit my life to walking closely to God.

Christmas dinner with extended CG members

2. BRIDAL PHOTOSHOOT NO. 1

It was memorable because it happened 3 days after I came back from my mission trip - itching from sand-fly and mosquito bites... It was also our first photoshoot together ever... an interesting experience that brought Ben and I much closer to one another. The photos are gonna remain top secret for a while more... I will keep them for another post someday! :)


3. LONG LAMAI (SARAWAK) MISSION TRIP










An awesome trip indeed... Made new friends, saw God's hand at work among the Penans, had the privilege of serving God with my life...

4. LYDIA'S VISIT TO PENANG

Gosh, thanks for being such an encouragement to me, dear!


5. SINGAPORE TRIP NO. 2 - SEPTEMBER 2010

Was invited to attend a women's conference organized by the women's ministry of Grace Baptist Church, Singapore. Amazing time.

Had dinner with Natalie :)
Met up with Laura jie and Ewan... and their new born baby - Hannah Grace

6. IN LONDON, CARDIFF AND BATH WITH ZOEY

One of the best vacations ever... and it was wonderful to spend a week with my dear lil' sister in UK.

Had a lot of bonding time...



7. ETOP (POLAND MISSION TRIP)

The locations we were at...
Studied for one-and-a-half weeks... at the Warsaw Baptist Theological Seminary...
To the South
To the north



8. BEN'S U.S TRIP AND OUR 3 MONTHS APART (which seemed like forever)

Sending him off was the hardest thing to do... :S
... but thank God, He made our 3 months apart colorful. On my side....
...an old friend from Dublin, Maeve, came to visit me in Penang...a high-school mate, Leigh Lyn, came to visit...School went on as usual...I continued teaching piano to pass time... (also because I wanted to teach la!)My faithful Sunday after-church-lunch buddies... Louise and Wei Nin... both of them later graduated from med school and left for Sarawak *sobs*
Went out a little more with Sau Chan
Got bored during the long nights... therefore I fixed up a computer desk from Tescos all by myself. Made up my mind by the end of 3 hours of sweat and blood (literally) that I am not cut out to be a good carpenter... :P - but thankfully, the desk did get put together......and wonderful friends to bring me joy...

9. HE PROPOSED! I AGREED TO MARRY HIM
This happened right before he left for the States...

10. SINGAPORE TRIP NO. 1 - JUNE 2010

Another superb vacation.... met up with alot of people... and stayed in Ji's little room as usual...Above: Serena and I

Had lunch with Aunty May Ling, who is very much a spiritual mother to me...
Above: Ji - in Chinatown.../ Below: Valerie, Sophia and I


11. EASTER WEEKEND BAPTISM FOR BEN'S PARENTS AND BRO

Indeed, in God, all things are possible.

12. EFCC CONFERENCE

It was a very educational conference for me, with regards to serving God in Malaysia, missions, impacting the community and cities, etc. Broadened my perspectives it did. Also, it was my first time writing a conference theme song. Praise God for inspiration of lyrics and music.

3 comments:

sophia said...

I freaking LOVE this post, and not just because my lovely face is on it! ;-)

It's amazing to see what God has accomplished through you within this year...you've progressed, experienced, and grown so much. The Lord is so graceful to us!!

Pig said...

I haven't read blogs for soooo long... And I have to say I love this post too! It's really meaningful when we reflect back and there's just so much we can count our blessings on; not just the good times but the hard times too :) Thanks for sharing this!!

Lydia said...

Awwwww.. I am so glad I was part of your highlight ;) Thank God for you too dear :) See you really soon

 

Free Blog Counter