Monday, January 17, 2011

A Monday of a Different Kind

I usually spend my Mondays brooding alone.... Hehe. Introverts often find it refreshing to spend time alone.

Today was a little different. First, I had an impromptu invitation to a birthday celebration lunch for one of my seminary mates, Serena. Secondly, I received the news that my bro-in-law, James, had been admitted to hospital for a bad ear infection. Last but not least, one of Ben's uncles (we know him as "char kuey teow" uncle, because he is the owner of the best char kuey teow stall at Gurney Drive) passed away last night.

So yeah, I went for Serena's birthday lunch - it turned out to be a very good time. Went home later, did some wedding prep, went to the hospital to visit our James Wong (who was dying of boredom) with the rest of the Wong family and Xu Wen (the girlfriend)... and then Ben sent me home before going for his uncle's wake.

Anyway, the pictures I took at Serena's birthday luncheon are as follows (more pictures from Tracy's and Serena's camera soon):Tracy from China
Tracy and our birthday girl, Serena
Ai Hua and Matthew - the newly engaged couple! :)
David from China
@ Dari Cafe... Korean food. Not bad! :)

My bibimbap
Hmm, how many candles should we put on the cake?

Happy birthday, Serena!
Time to pray for the birthday girl :) - with Matthew leading


Yummy chocolate cake

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter