Saturday, November 6, 2010

Friday...Term break begins....

...but our assignments have not ended.

With Ben at the Church Leaders' Planning Retreat... I had the whole evening to myself.

Now, I know... when we were in different continents a few months ago, it was quite normal for me to spend my Friday evenings alone. I can't even remember what I did on Fridays... Perhaps, I'd hang out with my friends or catch a movie on my own. Usually, I am able to keep myself occupied some way. (This sometimes makes me feel like a cat - all cool and independent, watchful and unruffled...tee hee!!!)Today, I just did not know what to do with the sudden absence of Ben on a Friday night. I guess I have been too busy the past few days to plan. Everywhere was way too crowded, thanks to the public holiday... I had already gotten myself stuck in a few traffic jams... Queensbay Mall was absolutely swarming with excited shoppers and movie-goers... (Yes, I was there for some errands)... *Phew* I ended up having dinner alone, and returning to my cave...where I could rest in peace.

Yeah... feeling all anti-social and snappy at the many reckless drivers on the road too. Grrrr... Why can't some people just keep to their own lanes... why drive in between two lanes? And why suddenly move to a different lane without signaling while I am charging forward with my foot down on the accelerator? Do you know it's rude, annoying and dangerous? *Honks loudly* @_@ ~ Aihhh.....

Today was just one of those awfully weird days in history. I didn't even feel like shopping. To say nothing of continuing with my assignments...

So burnt out!!! >.<

It doesn't help that the training for Penan M.T starts tomorrow. Really, I am so grateful that I have Uncle Roland (a seminary classmate) from Sarawak to advise me on how I should prepare for the trip. He even offered to lend me a mosquito nets and a sarong! And of course...thanks to Mel Choong and Joycelyn who helped brief me about the conditions there... I am so getting ready my kutu shampoo, mosquito repellants/nets... and haha, motion sickness pills. I honestly feel apprehensive about the hiking with 7 kg backpack for 2 hours... Hopefully, it's not uphill. Ben and I don't have very strong lungs. He's not yet recovered from his acute exacerbation of bronchitis/ - and I am having an acute exacerbation of asthma secondary to a respiratory tract infection. How timely! :P No, I am not kidding.

Plus, the last time I climbed up Youth Park hill (in 2007 - yes, phobia already...) I nearly fainted from dyspnoea... :P After the vigorous exercise and a few puffs from my Salbutamol inhaler, I descended the hill with wobbly legs. It was so embarrassing. I never went up there again.

So please cheer me on in my quest to increase my fitness and stamina by the 23rd of November.

Past few days... I have been both nearly conned by manipulative business people who prey on my vulnerabilities and weaknesses... But thank God, there was an opportunity to minister to at least one stranger person this week, again in the most unlikely places.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter